Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Sponged Sunshine Is Pure Joy...

Anti-Christmas Card is the challenge for Day 15 of this magical 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge.  Yikes!  I may have been the one this challenge was designed for.  😱😆  It is no secret that Christmas is not my favorite holiday.  I know, that sounds terrible.  But, where I live, Christmas is cold and dark and I don't like that weather.  Also..there are just SO MANY expectations and "things" happening, that I usually am just too stressed to enjoy much of anything.  So when asked to make an "anti-Christmas" card for the person that just doesn't love Christmas...well...I went with a card I would like to receive!  😀

SUPPLIES:  (all items are available in my STORE!)

Colors: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness
Inks:  Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers:  Thick Whisper White, Magenta Madness, Shimmery White, Basic Black, Vellum
Stamps: Simply Citrus (from Simply Citrus Card Kit)
Tools: Heat Tool, Sponges, Classic Label Punch
AccessoriesWhite Stampin' Emboss Powder, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack (gold thread), Woven Threads Sequins

I know, I know.  In some parts of the world it is SUNNY for Christmas.  That just isn't what it is where I live.  😖  SOOOO...pure sunshine is the definition of anti-Christmas to me.  Hee.  This sun was SO MUCH FUN to make!!!  Also...I KNOW it isn't a perfect sun.  I kinda didn't want it to be.  I just made a little template (picture below) for the rays, and sponged over the template as I moved it around the sun that was already sponged.  And side note... was going to be more exact about the rays...but decided I didn't want to.  And I love the imperfect look for this card and the theme!  The sun was sponged first though, and I just cut out a circle from Vellum with one of my circle dies to use that as a template.  

 Some of my fave details you can see better below.  I love the shaker card it became!  I thought that was such a fun touch!  I was already adding the vellum layer, and I wanted to sew it on.  So thought...why not just throw some sequins in there?!  Hee.  I LOVE IT!  The stitching is so much fun too!  I also love the bow and Designer Series Paper accent in the corner.  Adds some fun color.  And I love the embossed greeting.  (It is from the stamp set that comes with the Simply Citrus card kit!)  It is the perfect greeting for this card, obviously.  Hee.  And i just LOVE LOVE those sponged rays!  I used Daffodil Delight as the main ink color, then sponged a bit of Mango Melody at the bottom of the ray.  On the bottom of the sun, I added some Magenta Madness ink. 



Here is the little "template" I made for the rays.  It is just a couple pieces of scrap cardstock and a post it.  Not complicated at all!

I hope you enjoy this card!  And play along with the challenge that is going on this month!  

Let me know if you have any questions!  I would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...