Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end of March, so thought I better share here! 

So if you want to try a simple technique to make your project pop - grab some Adhesive Sheets, cardstock, & a die-cut to create these fun, striped accents! 

***Note: those are the supplies that I used to make the projects shown below.  This tip is so much fun because it is SO versatile!  You could do this with Designer Series Paper scraps, you could vary the width, you don't have to use a die-cut, etc, etc.  SO MUCH that you could do! 

Aren't they adorable?!  I pretty much love them.  Haha.  But of course ... let's get into a bit more detail! 




How much fun is that, right?!  I love doing this technique, and again ... it is SO versatile!  Here is a closer look at the finished projects: 

Colors Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: NONE!
Cardstock/Papers: Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Basic White, Basic Black, Adhesive Sheets, Gold Foil Sheets, Vellum
Stamps: NONE!
Tools:  Wanted to Say Dies, Nested Essentials Dies, Cheerful Daisies Dies, Basics Embossing Folders 
Accessories: Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack

I really love this card & how that fabulous rainbow sentiment pops.  There is lots of texture & detail on the card, but it also looks really clean & simple.  

I used two of the Nested Essentials Dies to cut out a frame from the Gold Foil Sheet.  Then I cut the largest Nested Essential Die that I used to cut out a backing in vellum.  Adhere the frame to the vellum, and that add the fabulous striped greeting!!  This adds "grounding" to the focal point sentiment.  And just make that rainbow sentiment POP!  Obsessed! 😍


I cut a few of the large daisy die-cuts from the Cheerful Daisies Dies.  And just adhered that to an embossed piece of Basic White Cardstock.  That was my subtle - but yet so much interest & texture - background! 



I love it, I must say.  Hee.  

I also had a lot of fun making this tag. 

Colors Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: Pool Party, Lemon Lolly
Cardstock/Papers: Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Basic White, Basic Black, Adhesive Sheets
Stamps: Bright Skies
Tools:  Wanted to Say Dies, Bright Skies Dies, Perennial Postage Dies, Artistic Mix Decorative Masks, Palette Knives
Accessories: Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Black & White Gingham Ribbon

Love love love the Bright Skies Bundle!  It is SO much fun! And cheery!  I used one of the clouds and the sun as a background to the rainbow greeting.  After the rain, and the sun comes out, it is so fun to find a rainbow! So I thought this was perfect! I also added some detail with Shimmery White Embossing Paste & the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks.  💕



I hope you enjoyed seeing these projects!  Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!  I hope this gave you a fun new technique to try! And I hope you let me know if you have any more questions!  Would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  Please let me know if you need any Stampin' Up! supplies as well! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Leaf Collection Fun for TGIF Challenge #471!!

Yes...the  ☆  NEW  ☆   Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog is here! AND...the  ☆  NEW  ☆  TGIF Challenge is here!  Yay!  So let's get to it...