Friday, April 19, 2024

Hello Ladybug for Inspirational TGIF Challenge #469!!

Just a fun quick post today to share this weeks fun TGIF Challenge!  Are you going to play along?  I hope so!  First - I want to share the card I made for the challenge.  Then hop on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to check out what the rest of us on the design team made.  And then make your own card using the inspiration for this weeks challenge and share it with us!  It is fun to play along and I think it helps get the creative juices flowing!  That is what it did for me this week!  💕

Have you played with the Hello Ladybug Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!?  I wish I would have played with it more because it is so much fun & so easy to use!  And now it is retiring! 😢 BUT - it is on SALE!  So get it now if you haven't gotten it yet!  Hee.  So many fun bold images to use! And a coordinating punch!  I used the coordinating punch images for this card and LOVED playing with it! 

Colors Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Tuxedo Black Memento, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic White, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Zoo Crew Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Hello Ladybug, Happy Labels (sentiment)
Tools:  Perennial Postage Dies, Ladybug Builder Punch, Heat Tool, Water Painter
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels

Now ... you probably need to see the challenge to see the inspiration for this weeks challenge, right?!  So you can play along! Hee.  So here you go! 


How fun is this?!  You can see I kinda took the basic layout.  And use a shape repeatedly to create the focal points of the card.  I even used a flying insect as inspiration!  Hee.  But you could use the layout, the butterflies, the colors, the WHATEVER that speaks to you on this inspirational challenge to make something!  We love seeing what you make so I can't wait! 

A few notes on my card: 

Red isn't a fave color of mine.  So - never fear!  You can use whatever ink you want to make your ladybug whatever color you want! 😄 So I used Melon Mambo for the wings!  And I just stamped it twice onto Basic White cardstock, before re-inking.  That gave me a fun variation of color. 


I love the dimension on this card also.  I used the Multi-Purpose Adhesive (green lid glue) to adhere the bodies down.  Then I added the wings with dimensionals, to make them pop a bit.  

Then for a little fun touch ... I cut 1/2" off the side of the card front, and then added a piece of Designer Series Paper to the inside.  I love this little simple detail that just adds a touch of fun to a card.  SO EASILY! Hee.  



This card was so much fun to make.  Bright, cheery, and pretty quick!  And now I have a fun card to give to any friend for any occasion!  Would be a fun birthday card even! 

Thank you so much for visiting!  Now you can head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to see the fabulous cards made by the other designers and play along with us!  💕

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions!  Would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  Or help you get any Stampin' Up! supplies you need! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Leaf Collection Fun for TGIF Challenge #471!!

Yes...the  ☆  NEW  ☆   Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog is here! AND...the  ☆  NEW  ☆  TGIF Challenge is here!  Yay!  So let's get to it...