Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Sea Turtley Birthday!

Quick post today!  I was going through my camera roll, saw this card that I had photographed and thought that I had shared!  Then I realized I had not!  So need to remedy that quickly!  Hee.  In case I haven't mentioned it before,  I LOVE SEA TURTLES!  

So yes ... I really love the Sea Turtle Stamp Set from Stampin' Up! And I really love how this birthday card came out.  Hee. 

Colors Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist, Fresh Freesia, Basic White
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, Basic White
Stamps: Sea Turtle, Phrases For All
Tools:  Timber Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Linen Thread, Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins

Gah!  Isn't she so cute?!  I love her!  And I used a few fun & simple techniques to add some fun texture/detail.

    🐢   Polka Dot Background!  Yes, I do this a lot.  Because I love polka dots, it's easy, & you can have a background in any color you want!  Simply take a sponge dauber, ink in Coastal Cabana, press onto the Basic White cardstock, and twist! Easy breezy polka dot!  Then repeat! 

    🐢   Turtle color variation!  Ink in Lemon Lime Twist ink.  DO NOT STAMP YET!  Ink a Sponge Dauber in Granny Apple Green & pounce lightly on the inked turtle in a few places.  Then stamp!  Simple to do, but packs a punch! 

    🐢  Cutting sentiments!  I LOVE the Phrases For All Stamp Set (retiring soon & discounted!  Get it before it's gone!!) And I love how a simple SIMPLE step can make such a difference!  This one ... simple cut the sentiment apart after stamping!  I know, right?!  This block font is super easy, but cutting off a lot of the excess cardstock around the sentiment, and getting to layer the words how you want, makes a big difference in the overall asthetic of your card! I highly recommend trying it! 

    🐢  Distressing! Distressing edges is an easy way to add some texture without bulk. I just use the edge of one of the blades of my Paper Snips & run it over the edges. Another easy, yet fun!, way to add some quick texture!  




All in all, a pretty quick & simple card!  Would love to hear if you use anything from this card on a project of yours!  Share if you do cause I love to see!  💖

Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help with anything!  I would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  Including helping you get any Stampin' Up! supplies you need and want! Please reach out if you have any questions at all! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

It's A Rainbow Surfboard Beach Day!!!

 Love me a Beach Day! And love me some rainbows!  So why not combine them?! 😁 💕  I used the Beach Day Bundle & rainbow colors to creat...