Friday, March 29, 2024

Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin Alternate Fun!

Did you get your March Paper Pumpkin Kit?! I hope so because it is a gorgeous one called Memorable Meadows.  And if you haven't, and live in the United States, just send me a message and I can help you get subscribed! 💗  March is  always a FUN month to get because it is Paper Pumpkin anniversary month ... so Stampin' Up! includes a free gift!  This year it was a ☆ BONUS ☆ stamp set!  And it is gorgeous ... which matches the kit perfectly! 😀

Today I have two fun alternatives for you!  These cards are using the kit and a few extra products.  The Paper Pumpkin Kit coordinates with a suite of products that are available through Stampin' Up! - called Meandering Meadows - so I used some of that. Then I also used the coordinating Paper Pumpkin dies that you can get as a Paper Pumpkin subscriber - called The Love of Spring Dies!

First up ... a fun shaker card! 

Colors Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Balmy Blue
Inks: Fresh Freesia, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit
Stamps: Memorable Meadows Stamp Set
Tools:  Garden Meadows Dies, Exposed Brick Embossing Folder, Blending Brush
Accessories: Linen Thread, Adhesive-Backed Dragonflies & Birds, Loose Silver Sequins, Loose Daisy Embellishments, Pecan Pie 3/8" Center Stripe Ribbon, Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit Pieces

I love a shaker card & sometimes forget how easy & how much fun they are to make.  So I took a few photos of the process to show you how I made this one! 


1.  Decorate the card front however you want it.  I do this step first, because I want to see if there will be areas I should "block out" when I do the Foam Adhesive Strips.  This helps whatever shaker filling you add not get "lost" behind the elements you add to the card front.  So design your card front first.  

My steps for the design: die-cut the window from Basic White cardstock, emboss it, and then use Tear & Tape Adhesive to adhere a piece of Window Sheet to the back of the card front.  Then used a Blending Brush to add a little ink to the arch piece & white strip from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.  Stamp the white strip with the sentiment, then layer it all together, with a strip of ribbon, on the card front.  


2. Add foam adhesive strips.  Here ... you can see what areas I blocked out.  I made the foam adhesive "window" to just be the part you will see.  ***TIP: I take my Embossing Buddy and wipe it all over the inside of the foam adhesive window ... including the sides of the Foam Adhesive Strip.  DO THIS BEFORE removing the backing of the strips.  This helps the shaker filling you add not get stuck with static anywhere.  


3.  Add your shaker filling!  For this card, I used Loose Silver Sequins & a few Loose Daisy Embellishments.  I love these two together!

4. (Sorry I forgot to take a photo of this!)  Removed the backing of the Foam Adhesive Strips and place the Memorable Meadows card piece (I just cut one of the cards down to size to use as the background to the shaker) on top of the shaker.  Obviously, you don't want to lift or move the shaker part until you have this base adhered, or the filling will all fall out.  Then rub over the foam adhesive well, making sure it sticks! 

That is it!  Then just add to the card base, add a few of the Adhesive-Backed Dragonflies and VOILA!  A fun shaker! 




On to the next card I get to share!  I love all the details and texture on this card! 

Colors:  Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lime Twist, Gorgeous Grape
Inks: Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy
Cardstock/Papers: Fresh Freesia, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheets, Vellum, Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit
Stamps: Memorable Meadows Stamp Sets
Tools:  The Love of Spring Dies, Fern Embossing Folder, Heat Tool
Accessories: Linen Thread, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit Pieces

This is using the ☆ BONUS ☆ free stamp set! I LOVE that big floral image!  I embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder first, then lightly watercolored it.  Cut it out, and added some pieces of the kit to the back of it.  Used the perfect The Love of Spring Dies to cut out some vellum piece to go behind the flower and the purple vellum from the kit.  I used a strip of one of the cards from the Paper Pumpkin Kit on the side of the card and I LOVE the detail that adds.  I think this card is just full of pretty & texture!



What do you think?!  Do you have a favorite?!  I hope you like these cards!  They were also showcased on Stampin' Up!'s Paper Pumpkin Facebook page!  There are other alternatives as well!  I highly recommend checking that out!  

Here is a photo of the kit, what the kit makes, BOTH stamp sets and the add-on dies!


Here is a pic of the coordinating suite! 


Such fun products, don't you agree?!  😁

Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!  Would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  The Paper Pumpkin Kits are a great way to add tor your paper crafting fun, whether you are new or experienced in the crafting world!  Let me know if you have questions or need help getting them in your mailbox! 💗

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Memorable Meadows Stamp Set ... Fun With March 2024 Paper Pumpkin!

Ok ... so it is April now!  Those of you that have a Paper Pumpkin subscription from Stampin' Up! have possibly completed all your cards...