Thursday, September 17, 2020

Modern Take on a Color Combo Challenge:

 I am not a big fan of traditional colors for Christmas.  I used to be.  But as I've "woken up" in my age of life...I have realized I really don't like them.  Feeling like I have to use red & green just makes me frustrated.  It isn't like I don't like those colors sometimes.  😁  But I just don't think we should HAVE to use them!  Until today...Day 18 of this 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge.  When there is a color combo challenge telling me I have to use a red & green color combo.  😂  I thought about making something using a take on these colors.  BUT...I embraced it.  And went with a bit modern & more masculine design:

SUPPLIES:  (all items are available in my STORE!)

Colors: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand
Inks:  VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers:  Whisper White, Shimmery White, Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Vellum
Stamps: Tree Angle
Tools: Subtle Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Stapler, Subtle Embossing Folder
Accessories White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Woven Threads Sequins


What do you think?  There actually is a lot of texture here.  The top layer is a piece of Vellum that I embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.  I placed this over a layer I adhered narrow strips of these colors onto:

I love those staples and the little detail it adds.  Along with those glitzy sequins.  😊  Look at that fun layer though:

Also...I like how the stripes turned out a whole bunch.  I think I'm going to do this in another fun color combo!  Hee. 

What do you think?  I hope you enjoy!  Are you following along with this challenge month?!  😊  It has been so much fun!  Play along with us!

Also...I am here if you have any questions or need any help getting your papercrafting supplies!  Thank you so much for visiting!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...