Sunday, April 1, 2012

First Birthday Invite...

Well I am finally sharing the invite that started my baby's first birthday celebration! I am a firm believer that handmade invites make people more excited about attending a party and just start the party off right. :) I LOVE getting handmade invitations to party and I LOVE sending them! If you missed my other posts about the actual party click HERE and HERE and HERE to see how the party turned out!

On to the invitation...
It turned out better than I thought. I think it's so bright and cheery! The theme was "You Are My Sunshine" but I didn't want to scream SUN!!! I just wanted it to be bright and cheery cause our little baby truly has added LOTS of cheer, sunshine, and brightness to our life. She is such a smiley, happy baby! I made the card with the largest Scallop Circle die. Here is the first close-up...I stamped the circle with the "Netting" Background stamp (I use this LOTS to add some subtle texture to my projects) and made the little banners to tie onto the bow so everyone knew just whom we were celebrating. :) And then used the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (isn't this FABULOUS!!!) for the flowers. Added a rhinestone for the middle because every "SUN" party needs some BLING! :)
Then here is the inside of the card. I first made a card that would fit over the scallop die. Then instead of cutting out the entire scallop...I brought the folded part of the card down a bit towards the center of the die so it wouldn't cut the top of the fold. This way you get a folded scallop card. Here is a pic of the inside...
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting! The colors I used were Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, and Peach Parfait (also used Pumpkin Pie). I had a blast doing this party! Hope you have liked seeing it!

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...