Sunday, April 8, 2012

Love Is In The Air..

My hubby and I just got back from a weekend away with no kids. It really is WONDERFUL to have those little breaks every now and again! So yes...love is in the air! :) Also...I just watched my cousin WIN an episode of CUPCAKE WARS! That was SO awesome watching her on TV! She actually married my cousin...so not cousin by blood. But she is one amazing gal and so glad she is in my family!!! She has an AMAZING cupcake shop called "The Sweet Tooth Fairy." If you live in Utah...you MUST visit one of her shops! If you don't...you can order her stuff (she even sells her CakeBites on QVC) and have it shipped to your house! It's beyond YUM!!!

Anyway...on to what you really came for...a crafty project. The sentiment for this card is a Sale-A-Bration stamp set. So if you didn't earn this during the qualifying period...you will have to use another sentiment if you want to make this. But the "Bordering Romance" set I used for the other images are available in the Occasions Mini catalog. LOVE this set! Here is the card...
There are lots of fun details. Added some detail with my white gel pen. Also added some glitter with some Dazzling Details. The colors came from the hostess paper pack...Cheerful Treats. (The punched circle layered on the scallop circles is from that paper. Then I used Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, and Lucky Limeade. I absolutely LOVE this color combo! Here is a close-up of some glitter...
And I love these shots with the card flat so you can see the dimension. I stamped the main image twice...once on my card cardstock and once on "scratch" cardstock so I could cut out the elements I wanted and pop up on dimensionals...
You can also see the background in that pic. I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo and then added some spritzing with my Melon Mambo marker. (I know...can I ever get enough of that! I have said this before..but just LOVE the detail it adds!!!)

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed this card!!!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...