Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fab-O! Card Folder...

Last night I actually CLEANED and ORGANIZED my stamp room! I know...crazy! Usually it looks like a Stampin' Up! catalog has thrown up all over my room. :) But after my 3-4 hour cleaning/organizing frenzy (I lost track of time so I think it was around that length of time) my room felt FABULOUS! I was so excited, I just HAD to make something. So I went through some links I had saved for things I wanted to make at some point. I found THIS ONE and decided that was what I was going to do. This is what it became... This is what it looks like from the front. I made it out of Kraft card stock and just added the Chocolate Chip textured card stock on the bottom.

The stars are done with textured card stock as well. I LOVE TEXTURED CARD STOCK!!! This might be redundant to say, but I LOVE the texture it gives! :) It really does add SUCH a cool look and I love it!
Instead of doing a ribbon closure thing, I did a velcro dot. I love these things. :) Anyway: this is what it looks like when you open it up.

Then this is the card. There are 4 cards identical to this one in there. You have to keep them pretty flat, because there wouldn't be room in the card holder if you had a bunch of ribbon. And I wanted to put 4 cards and envelopes in it. So no ribbon knots for me! It was tough to make a card with no ribbon, although it was also a bit exhilarating! :) I feel so free! :) Ha. I did have some help though! I got this card idea from THIS BLOG. I loved it!!! I think this is a great masculine card.
Then this is all the contents in the package. I added a strip of Baja Breeze textured card stock on the bottoms of the envelopes to give it a not so "ALL Kraft-y" look. I'm very happy with this project. It was A LOT of fun to make! And guess what....I put EVERYTHING away in my clean room when I was done with it! :) (Instead of just pushing it aside to move on to the next thing. :) ) But I did move on to something else. I took this same template and made a few alterations and made something else with it. I will show that a bit later so stay tuned! :)

3 comments:

Kasia said...

such a cool project! I haven't seen this before. I love your colors!!

Megan said...

I LOVE LOVE this project. I want to go make one. :) So fun, thanks for sharing! :)

Pam said...

love, love, love this project--you can now find clear velcro stick-on circles to hide them even more!

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...