Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to my Roots...

My love of paper-crafting actually started with scrapbooking. I had been scrapbooking for YEARS before I discovered Stampin' Up! Well, I kinda haven't scrapbooked in QUITE a long time now. Way too long! So when I got invited to participate in a 12x12 double layout swap at Leadership, I figure it probably would be a good one for me to participate in. However....I was nervous because it had been so long. Good or bad....this is the swap that I did. I like it though and hope those that are in the swap do as well. I actually used the stamp set I got at Founder's Circle....and it's coming out in the new catalog this month. I LOVE this set....every image in it is fabulous!

On to the pages....

Ok...so this page that I took pics of was the first try of this page. When I mass produced them for the swap....I ended up stamping the quote that is in the bottom left hand side of the DSP onto the bottom left white square...centered on the bottom. I like it better...sorry I don't have a pic of that one. :) The blue portion of this embellishment is colored with a blender pen and then I used a drop of Baja Breeze refill. The circle itself is punched out with the 1 3/4" circle and then the scallop is from the exclusive SU! Pennant Die for the Big Shot.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

5 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

Love it! This is just the kind of lay out I was looking for!

Nancy L. said...

This is really nice!! I hadn't scrapbooked for a while, too. So I tried it yesterday and I only got 1 page done and gave out. I'm trying this l.o., thanks for sharing!

Carpenter's said...

Oh my goodness, everyone will love these pages!! Too cute and I really like the color combo. Have fun at Leadership and I hope you have some sneak peeks! :)

Elaine M said...

LOVE the colors - love the layout - you've got nothing to worry about....you look like a pro to me.

Megan said...

I love these pages! I love everything...the colors, layout, etc! You are so good...it looks like you never took a break from scrapbooking! :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...