Saturday, January 31, 2009

Big Surprise Birthday Book...

If my delayed posting works out, when you are seeing this post....I will be in Chicago celebrating my father in law's 60th birthday. His whole family is throwing him a surprise birthday party. All of my husband's family lives around the Chicago area, except us. So we are flying in for a surprise party for him. It should be a lot of fun. Anyway: I wanted to make a scrapbook for him so we could remember his day. Anyway: I thought of a bunch of different things I could do but I finally settled on one idea. I wanted a book that had space to capture the event but wasn't huge. I wanted space for pictures of the party that I could add to the book. I wanted space for everyone there to be able to write him a little letter/note/whatever they wanted. So I decided to try to make a 6x6 accordion scrapbook. I will say that these pictures don't do it justice. :) I think it really is cuter in person. I love the colors and the stamps and all of it. :) It was fun to do. On to the book...
This is the front...obviously. I attached the ribbon under the back page, so it would wrap around and tie in the front to keep it closed.
Here it is with the ribbon un-tied so you can see the full cover. "Happy" is done with my Big Shot...the Go-Go Boots alphabet. The big scallop is also done with the Big Shot.

Here is the book opened up on one side.

Here is the other side of the book. Both sides are decorated. You can see the ribbon on the far right...it is under the Designer Series Paper so it doesn't get in the way but closes the book.
Here are up close pictures of a few of the pages. I wanted to keep the book fairly uniformed. The white pictures are for people to write their notes. The pages with the Kiwi Kiss Designer Series Paper is where the pictures will go. The Real Red scalloped strip on all the pages is textured card stock. I LOVE that stuff and what it adds. :) (I think I have said that a million times! :) )
Hope you enjoy and this project inspires you in some way! I know I had fun making it and I know I want to make bunches more in other color schemes and such!

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...