Monday, August 10, 2009

Shoebox Swap Card...

My fabulous 2nd level upline has a GREAT event every convention. She does a big shoebox swap with dinner, games, prizes, and even WOW projects! It's a blast! This year was no exception...it was SO much fun!!! (In case you are wondering...a shoebox swap is where every participant brings a card for everyone to make. They bring all the supplies needed for everyone to make one in a "shoebox" or whatever box. And then you all go around and make each others cards. It's super fun! :) ) Anyway: here is the card that I made for it...

Yes...it looks quite simple. And it is. But I LOVE it! Over the whole top of the card is a window sheet. So the "thank you" sentiment is actually stamped with Black Staz-On on the window sheet, and the flower is adhered to the window sheet as well.
Here is a bit of a close-up. I just have a black brad in the middle of the flower.

Then here is a picture so you can hopefully see all three layers. I LOVE this card and will probably be making more like this. I think it's so much fun and it's much cuter in real life. :) Oh...FYI....I put a strip of adhesive just under where the ribbon would be and that is how the window sheet is attached. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Super cute Ash. Love the idea. I hate that I miss everything...and sorry that your upline is so lame and you have to do everything with your second level. LOVE YOU!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...