Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August Club Projects...

Had club today! I love club day and getting together with all my club friends! Those of you that are out of town or can't come....WE MISS YOU!!! (And don't want to leave anyone out...you re always welcome to join...even if you live out of town! Just send me an email if you would like to know more! :) ) Here are the projects we made today...
I got this card idea from a Shoebox Swap that I participated in during convention time. I think this was done by Stacie. (Let me know if I'm wrong.) I think this is a great one and could easily be switched out for other Designer Series Paper/colors/ribbons/stamps and be made for any occassion. I LOVE it and think it's so great!
We embossed all the black. I love embossing with Craft ink and then Clear embossing powder. You can have any color of embossing powder that way! :)
This was our 3D project. It's a 2-4-6-8 box. I should of gotten a side view so you can see just how the box is put together. It's "milk carton" style. You score an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper at 2, 4, 6, and 8, with the 8 1/2" piece at the top of your scorer. Then you flip so the 11" side is at the top and score at 2". Then you cut up to that 2" score line on each 2, 4, 6, 8 line. And cut out the smallest piece. Then you just fold together and then pinch the top together and put your ribbon through it. I think these are so much fun to make! If I can remember...I'll take a picture of the side and update this post so you can see it. :) Let me know if you have any questions. (By the way...I got this design from Stamping School.) Here are some close-ups...
Here is the top. I loved the mini library clips...I think they add such a fun touch.

Here is the flower. I love this flower. I added a button to the middle of the flower that I think is so cute. :)
I added some grass on the bottom to ground the flower. I love doing grass like this. Too much fun!!!
I hope you enjoy and I hope these projects inspire you today! Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any questions!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love, love, love this flower!!!!!
What stamp set is used? I assume the scallop punch is the SU 1 7/8" punch. Also, what paper & ink colors did you use? Details....details...
details!!! I'll drive you crazy with them!!! I'm not a card-maker who dares trying to use different products than those I see used. You'd think after 5 years I'd have a little more adventure in me--nope!! But when I do try to mix things up, BAM!!! I absolutely love it & they're the one's I get the most compliments on.
oxoxoxo
Pam from Price

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...