Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Shower Gift..Simply Scrappin' Kit Style!

Last week I had a baby shower that I was going to. I knew I wanted to bring her a scrapbook gift of some sort. (I know I needed help keeping record of those precious first memories with your baby when I had my baby, so I love giving these kinds of things to new mom's!) I saw my birthday book I posted HERE and thought that would be perfect. Plus, it was fun CASEing my own idea. :) (Ok...I'm not saying that I'm the first that has ever done this project, but I'm the first I ever saw do it. :) I wish I would have seen someone else do it so I didn't have to waste the paper and time coming up with how to make it work like I wanted! :) Hehe.) Anyway: I decided to take that birthday book and make it into a baby scrapbook for my friend. Want a SUPER easy way to decorate it?!?? USE A SIMPLY SCRAPPIN' KIT!!! Seriously...this went together SO FAST for me. I LOVE those things. Now that I knew how to put the actual album together...I made two of these in a matter of maybe 2 hours. (Had to have one to give away and one to keep myself...right?! :) ) On to the album...
Don't know if you can see it so well, but I put it in a clear box that fit it perfectly! This way she can keep it safe.
The ribbon is attached in the back, and then comes around and ties in the front to keep it all together. This is the cover without the ribbon tied.
Here is the top view. As you can see, it's an accordian fold album. Both sides are decorated.
And here are views of both sides.
Some up close shots of a few of the pages. Hope you enjoy!!! Just in case you were wondering....I WILL be doing one of these for my upcoming class. So if you want to learn how to make one...hang on tight and check back soon for class dates! :) We'll be making one Sale-A-Bration style! :) Hope everyone had a great Valentine's weekend!!!

3 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

owww Ashley that is adorable!

Megan said...

Ok, this is ADORABLE!!! I am loving it!!! I think I need to buy some SSKits to have on hand now for when I need a super fun gift! Great job as always! :)

GINA said...

This is really cute. Teach me how.

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...