Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yes it's more cupcakes! What's it to you?!

I KNOW! Another post with CUPCAKES!!! You're saying right now to yourself, "Enough is enough!" :) Well, sorry! Here are a few more! If my life has been saturated with cupcake cards, so should yours! :) Hehe. I've spent the last 24 hours making 120 cupcake cards! (I mentioned this in a previous post but I was making cards for my cousin's (Hi Megan!!!) cupcake shop that she just opened.) And there was LOTS of coloring (on the stamp....cupcakes have to be different colors! :) ), cutting, brad-ing, ribbon tying, card stock and Designer Series Paper cutting, Dimensionalizing (how's that for a word?! :) ) etc, etc. But I thought the result was GREAT! I got them all sent off today (was cheaper to mail them than to drive them an hour and some away to hand-deliver.....but then I could of eaten a yummy cupcake....hmmmm...guess I should have re-thought that one! :) ) and I FORGOT to take a pic of them all completed. They were so cute in their little cello bags with their own little envelope. :) I loved looking at them all cute like that. Anyway....enough of my story. After I sent her pictures of the first batch of ideas I gave her, she wanted some of all of them. She also had a few phrases she wanted on others. So this is what I came up with....

She wanted a "Sweet Bliss" wedding card. Ahhhhhh...isn't it precious. :) (By the way....I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this cupcake!!! It's from one of the new Level 1 Hostess sets. It's FAB-O!!! I think it's darling!!!! Just in case you wanted to know my opinion. :) )
Then she wanted a edgy, "real men eat cupcakes", rockery one. So I came up with this...thinking that black/gray/red was a cool color combo for this idea. Just wasn't "edgy" or "rockery" enough for me. So....
...this was the next one I did. I want you to take the challenge of making a cupcake card that looks rockery, manly, edgy, etc! :) This was what finally came to light in my head. I added the skulls because they are "in" these days. Not that you really want to think about skulls while you are eating yummy cupcakes. :) But hey...the eyes are heart shaped so that softens them, right?!??! And I think it's kinda fun.
Then for those that don't want skulls with their cupcake cards, how about this FABULOUS black striped paper?! It's one of Stampin' Up!'s new glossy speciality papers and it so SO AMAZING in real life! I LOVE IT! I actually am quite pleased with this "rocker-y" and "edgy" and "manly" cupcake card. Maybe I really should offer this as a challenge for you to do to see what you come up with! :) Sorry for all my wordy explanations! Guess I'm in a chatty mood right now! I hope you enjoy MORE cupcake cards. I think I'm done for now. :) (In case you were curious...she did order some of each of these samples as well.)

6 comments:

Kasia said...

oh my gosh, I think you did great with the manly cards, I think that would be hard but here you are again making everything look so easy!! :) I love the wedding one too, get ready these are going to sell off the shelves so fast you better start making more :)

Carpenter's said...

I too think you did a fantastic job on those manly cards. It is very difficult to do them and these "ROCK!" Thanks for sharing.

Megan said...

Ok, I am LOVIN these cards! You did such a great job coming up with the edgy manly cards. I love them. And how stinkin cute is that little wedding card?!?! Great job...you are amazing! :)

Ann said...

i love the pink & blue cupcake card!

Sherri said...

Ashley, way cute cards! I love the last one! Super edgy!!

Pam said...

love the "manly" cupcake card!!!! With 7 brothers, I'm always searching for masculine cards!!
Awesome!! All of them. Pam

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...