Monday, February 23, 2009

Retro Pop-Up...

So I made this card last week when I saw THIS TUTORIAL. I thought this bird would be so much fun to make a Pop-Up card with. And here's a little tip I learned while doing it. When I decided I wanted to do the card in landscape layout, I didn't have enough room to do all that I wanted on the card. I would of had plenty of room if his legs were just a bit shorter. Well, I came up with this brilliant idea. (Ha-ha! Just being sarcastic...I'm sure all of you have already thought of this. Just in case....I thought I'd share. :) ) TIP: Just use a marker to ink up the length of his leg that you want. Then stamp and repeat. Instant short bird. :) Anyway: here is the front of the card...

I was going to use a patterned paper for his wing, but decided I wanted glitter instead. So just used a 2-way glue pen to color in his wing and dumped glitter over it. LOVE the sparkle. :)
Then here is the inside and the Pop-Up portion. I think I'm going to have to do more of these. They are fun. I just used the other flower images in this set for behind the bird. Then how did I do the grass you ask?! Well...I just inked up the bottom part of the stem of one of the flowers and just stamped it a bunch of times on the bottom. I think the rest of this is pretty self-explanatory but let me know if you have any questions! Oh....I did color in the "good" part of the "good friend" sentiment with my VersaMarker to give it a bit darker color. Don't know if this pic really shows it, but I did like the small difference in color it gave it so it stood out more. Enjoy and let me know if you have any more questions.

2 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

saw this on splitcoast, super cute!

Megan said...

Super cute!

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...