Friday, February 20, 2009

One Layer Fun....

First of all I have to say...I LOVE LOVE this stamp set I used for this project! I think it gets overlooked in the catalog, but it's amazing. I even used every stamp in the set in this project! Second....I have always wondered how people can do one layer cards and make them look cute. I wanted to try. :) Third....I love the In Colors this year and think they are so much fun to work with. Combine the stamp set I love, with colors I love, with a project I've been wanting to do for awhile....and this is what you come up with....

A 10 card gift box!!!! I personally think this would be a fun gift to get. :) It's 10 cards and 10 envelopes in this fun clear card box. ALL one layer cards! Make the cards, stamp the envelopes, put them in the box, tie ribbon around, make a fun tag, and DONE! :) It was SO MUCH FUN TO MAKE!!!

A view from the side. Look at all the scrumptious cards and envelopes packaged so fun.

Here is a picture of all the cards. I did 2 cards of each style for the box. Five images in the stamp set....used two of the sentiments twice...and it seriously is the PERFECT stamp set to do a project like this! I used all the In Colors, except Pacific Point, and then Chocolate Chip for the sentiments on the card. Oh....on the inside of the cards that have the "laughter joy happiness bliss delight" saying...I stamped the "Wishing you all this and more" stamp that comes in the set as well. So I really did use all of them! :)


Then this is what I did to the envelopes. I stamped it once on the front of the envelope, and once on the flap. For those of you that missed this stamp set in the catalog and for those of you that just want to see it....here is how it is in the catalog...

Hope you enjoy and hope you have a great day! On a personal note...sorry for my absence this week. I usually do posts on my blog when my daughter is either napping or in bed. Well...my daughter will be 3 in May and I am FINALLY getting rid of her binky! She only has it at nap and bed time, but man...she's attached! I hear that you don't let your kid go past a year with it and it's easier. Thanks for all this advice AFTER we are well past that! :) Hehe. Anyway: it's been challenging a bit and she hasn't napped and by the time we get her down at night I'm too tired. :) So sorry! But she is doing great now and I should be back! :)

6 comments:

lindsey s. said...

very cute ashley! i have been wanting that set ever since it came out. this is such a cute idea! btw, my kids had their binkies for a LONG time... i think one was 3 and one was 2 1/2 so don't feel bad. that is their security but there comes a time to give it up and she will be absolutely fine without it :) sorry for the ramble! love your project!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

So simple but very gorgeous!

Kasia said...

Wow what a great gift! ok where are you finding all of these clear boxes?

MamaX5 said...

That's my kind of stamping. Even I can accomplish this! Cool idea.

Bobby Sue said...

I have always loved that set! You make the cutest cards!

Megan said...

I absolutly love this project! So fun! Where did you get the fun box?

February Fancy Blue!

Time for this month's Stampin' Fancy Friday challenge! And this one is a GOOD one!  Are you ready for SOMETHING BLUE?!  Colors :   C...