Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Basket Fun...

Quick post today. I am actually working on a secret mission right now, so just have a quick project for you today. :) Ok....so it's not really a secret mission....that just sounded fun to say. :) I was picked to be a display stamper for Stampin' Up!'s convention this year so I've been working on a few things for that. I just can't show you those things until after convention. (FYI....Stampin' Up! has a big convention each summer for all their demonstrators. Basically...it's a 4 day stamping party and it's SO MUCH FUN! Yes...I know people that sign up to be demonstrators just to go to this event....it's that cool! :) Hehe. They have a ton of displays for you to take pictures of that other demo's have submitted to Stampin' Up! for different things. Then they also pick a handful of demo's to make project using new catalog stuff so we can have ideas immediately. I was one of those lucky handful this year to get to do this for this year! :) Yeah! Anyway...there was more info on that than you really cared to know, huh?!) On to today's project...
I have had this Basket Die for SO LONG and just haven't used it too much. So I decided to make a quick basket with it. And WHY NOT combine it with another fun Big Shot item?! I cut out the basket pieces and then ran them through the Big Shot again using the Stampin' Up! Manhattan Flower Textured Die. (I put a picture of it at the bottom so you can see what it looks like.) How much fun is that?! I think it adds such a fun texture! Here is a close-up...
I sponged some ink on the flowers to make them pop a bit more. My basket is So Saffron, so I just sponged it with some So Saffron ink. Then made a little tag and Voila! How fun and easy is that?! It really did go together so quick and I think it's quite cute. :) Here is what the whole die looks like...

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

lindsey s. said...

so do you get super secret stuff from the new catalog??? congrats!

Megan said...

I can't wait to see all the fun "super secret" things you come up with. :)
As always this is fabulous! You are so good! :)

Unknown said...

This is how shall I say.... A product that I would most definitely love to have around the house, I mean it is beneficial.. Am I right or Am I Right?! Whether some may agree or not, it doesn't bug me to enjoy the company of one of these :)
If everybody has them, I think I should have the opportunity in luxuriating myself with the presence of making this my present! Gotta say, its mainly because how well you've explained everything
It's a great gift except for sometimes, but hey it surely does re-coupe and make up for boring and lost times..
Samsung CLP-600 toner

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...