Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jaron's Color Challenge #1

I love color challenges. I really do. They really make me step out of my color boxes and give me....well.....a challenge. :) I haven't done one in awhile because I just haven't had much time for "play" stamping. However....last night I couldn't sleep so at about 1:00 am I noticed a challenge on Jaron's blog. Now...Jaron used to work for Stampin' Up and I AM SO SO SAD he doesn't any more! HE WILL BE SERIOUSLY MISSED at convention and every Stampin' Up! event I attend. He was my favorite person to see up on stage demonstrating, and his fun personality will definitely leave a gap. So I just had to do his color challenge when I saw it on his blog HERE. The color combo we were challenged to use is Old Olive, Taken With Teal, and Soft Sky (a past In Color). Funny thing about using Soft Sky...I was cleaning my stamping room last night while I couldn't sleep and was trying to organize buckets of ribbon. :) I came across last year's In Colors and I grabbed Soft Sky and said, "I REALLY miss this color!" Then just a little while later...there was a reason to use it! :)

Anyway...I first did a card. I wanted to keep it simple. When I was looking through stamps deciding what I wanted to use I saw this phrase, "wishing you a happy heart" and grabbed it instantly. Because that is what I wish for Jaron right now! Here is the card... Pretty simple. Although I love the glitter. Here is a close-up picture so you can see it better...

I wasn't 100% satisfied with this card and was having fun with this challenge. So I decided to make a box using the Box #2 Sizzix die.
Those flowers are from the "Doodle This" stamp set. Just stamp, cut out, put a dimensional in the middle of the flower, curl the flower petals a bit with a bone folder to make it easier to bend, and just bend them all back adhering the tips of the petals into the dimensional. Easy peasy and I LOVE the flower it makes!!!
So there you have it. The only thing bugging me about this project is I have to find candies in these colors to fill the box with. That will make me feel better about it. :) Thanks for visiting! And thanks to Jaron for the challenge! :) (FYI...I'm in the process of trying to add labels to all my posts. So give it time, but they are coming. I'm sick of searching all over my own blog to find things myself. :) So yeah! :) )

9 comments:

Beth Redding said...

Sweet card and way to go on the box! I had forgotten about these great flower bowes, so special thanks for the reminder :)
Blessings,
Beth

Jill said...

WHAT!!!???? First off, I didn't know he had a blog. Yippee. Secondly, where the heck is he going!!??

stampersim said...

No way, those flowers are TOO COOL!! I am going to have to try them :-)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

There those flowers are again, I love those. I remember you did a tag with these. So great!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute. Love the colors togethers. I will miss Jaron as well. Thank goodness for blogs. Candice

Jaron Winder said...

To say I am impressed just doesn't do it justice. You get an A for the card. First because you used the color combo and second because you used glitter. LOVE IT. And the box? You just sent me over the top there!!!! Can't wait for the next one.
Your friend,
Jaron

Stampin' With Angie said...

WOW!! I loved the card but when I saw the box I was absolutely in awe! I've never seen the flowers before and now I'm thinking that I need to borrow that set from my 8 y.o. niece! BEAUTIFUL work!!
Angie

Patrice Pierce said...

I LOVE the glitter and I LOVE the flowers!!!

Megan said...

So fun! I love the card...those colors look great together! I want to play, but I dont have any soft sky. :) Next time. :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...