Saturday, July 6, 2019

Watercolor Happiness Indeed...

I LOVE Watercoloring.  I take the simple approach to watercoloring, and would never say I am the best there is.  BUT...it is SUCH a fun coloring medium and truly soothes my soul.  And this card...FOR SURE...does that completely:



Colors: Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green
Inks: VersaMark, Watercolor Pencils Assortment 1 & 2: Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: It Starts With Art
Tools: Timeless Label Punch, Heat Tool, Detailed Peacock Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, Aqua Painter
Accessories: Woven Threads Sequins Assortment, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Silver Thread

My heart may squeal every time I see this card.  Hee.  But I LOVE the watercoloring, I LOVE the Watercolor Pencils, I LOVE the glimmer (Hello, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush!!!), I LOVE the colors, I LOVE the sentiment, I LOVE that peacock feather behind the greeting, I LOVE those sequins.  I'm sorry....I just really love all the pieces to this card.  😀

Let me show you some details.  First up...PEACOCK FEATHER?!  Oh man....this feather is from the Detailed Peacock Dies in the Noble Peacock Suite.  Total Swoon!!!! 😍😍😍  Love the subtle touch of it when it is cut out with Vellum Cardstock.  And note...I LOVE this sentiment!!!  It's from the It Starts With Art Stamp Set.  💗


Did you catch a peek of all that shimmer in the photo above?!  Well just look at it:



LOVE that Wink of Stella Glitter Brush!  I watercolored all the pieces first, and then just colored over it all with the brush!  And voila!!!  Amazing glitter without ANY mess!!!!

I just love this card, and hope it brings some happiness to your day!!!  Want to see a few pics of the process of this card?!  I shared these on my Instagram stories!  Follow me along at Design With Ink if you don't already!!!

But first...just cut out a bunch of the same size of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies from the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  Then just scribble some color from the Watercolor Pencils on them!


Take your Aqua Painter and start running that color around your shape:


Look how pretty it is!!!


My heart.  😍😍😍  Repeat with your other colors, then arrange them as desired onto your cardstock background piece.  **Note:  I embossed the White cardstock background piece with the Subtle Embossing Folder first.


Let the edges just hang off, and then trim when it is all laid out and adhered down.  Then stand back and squeal as you admire this beauty:


One last look at the full card is coming up!  Because why not?!  😀


Thank you so much for visiting!  I really hope you enjoy!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...