Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sparkly Butterfly...

Last week my hubby surprised me telling me we are going on a cruise!!! So when you read this...I will most likely be getting on our boat! So all the posts that will be happening this week....I am scheduling to post. So any questions or emails you send...I will respond to next week since I won't have email access while we are gone. BUT...I did want to share some fun projects with you while I was away.

This card is SUPER fun in real life! It is SO sparkly! Here is the card...

The bottom stripes I made my own glitter paper! I made it with the Sticky Sheets (just like the Sticky Strip rolls but it's a WHOLE big sheet instead!). Then I just cut lines in it with my hobby blade...peeled up one section and dumped glitter on it. (This is the Fine Supernova Glitter.) Then just kinda press it in there and shake off the excess. Repeat for all the stripes and you have a fabulous background! I also spritzed the card with my shimmer spray so the whole thing is sparkly! Here is a close-up of the glitter...
And hopefully you can see the shimmer on the butterflies...
The butterflies were cut out with my Big Shot and the Butterfly Embosslit in the Occasions Mini catalog. It EMBOSSES AND CUTS OUT the butterflies with one run through the Big Shot! Amazing!!! :)
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy! I have another card made with this same technique next! :)

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...