Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rag Bag Tme...

Ok...I'm BACK! :) I feel like I have been through a whirlwind the past 2 weeks! I went out of town about 1 1/2 hours away about 2 weeks ago for a Stampin' Up! training meeting with other demonstrators. So I have lots to share from then. But then AS SOON as I got back from that meeting...we jumped in the car and headed out of town on a fun family vacation! We took a cruise to the Mexican Riveria and it was a blast!!! Then the past few days have been spent trying to get back into gear with things! I have had a blast but now it's time to get back into real life...huh?! :) And today I wanted to share with you one of the projects I completed at my training meeting. Let me just tell you....I AM ADDICTED!!!! I made a Rag Bag using some fabric, thread, sewing machine, and THE BIG SHOT!!! Oh my goodness! The Big Shot is AMAZING and will cut through EIGHT layers of fabric!!!! Now...I knew the Big Shot was amazing and I use it in just about EVERY project I make! It's even MORE amazing to me now!!! AHHHHH!!! Now you will be seeing some fun fabric projects on my blog every so often! :) And let me tell you....if you don't have a Big Shot yet...YOU NEED IT!!! :) Here are some pics of the bag I made...
Isn't it FUN! And Stampin' Up has some fabulous ribbon to coordinate with any project. On this one I used two. The Rose Red is sewn onto the Pumpkin Pie stripe. Thought that was such a fun touch my upline shared with me!!! :) Now...to get the "square" to make the bag...this is where the Big Shot comes in. I just cut strips of fabric and folded them up to make eight layers and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Scallop Square die and my clear cutting pads. It cuts through all layers fabulously!!! Then once you have your bag made...you just snip the fabric at the valley of the scallop and wash. It will kinda fray up and give you the "rag bag" look! Here is a close-up...
HOW CUTE! Then OF COURSE you have to have a fun flower to match your bag! I made this one with the Flower Folds die and the Scallop #2 die. HOW CUTE!!!!! And yes...you could make these flowers for anything. I will be making some to put in my daughter's hair for sure! :)

Also...you should know...I am NOT a sewer AT ALL! Seriously....I have sewn maybe a few times in my life...and that was in Home Economics class!!! Sewing machines run from me! But I gave it a shot and I'm SO EXICTED! I had a few issues (broken needles, etc.) but I kept pushing forward and SO GLAD I DID BECAUSE LOOK AT THIS! :) I am just a bit excited. :)
Anyway....I hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

So cute! You don't have to have 5 of those just laying around that I could buy off you? Just kidding. Next week is teacher appreciation, and I wanted to do something for them, any ideas? SOmething that won't take too long with an oh so cute demanding one year old needing my time??

Bobby Sue said...

Where did you get that fabric? Love it!!! Now there is something new for me to do!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...