Saturday, April 10, 2010

Birthday Galore...

You are probably wondering why I haven't been posting too regularly...right?! (Or maybe you didn't even notice I was gone...sad. :) ) Well...Stampin' Up! has a contest for their demonstrators. It's called "Artisan Award" and it's the biggest stamping contest they do. You submit FIVE cards, THREE scrapbook pages, and TWO 3-D items to them. Then out of all the entries their receive...they judge them all and pick 10 winners. (It's a BIG deal to win this....and I kinda decided last minute to just give it a shot. It's the first time I've enter ANY stamping related contest...so I'm a bit nervous. But...the fun news is I AM DONE! I delivered it all YESTERDAY so it is out of my hands. Anyway....it was A TON of work to do and so all my spare time was spent getting stuff ready for that. I LOVE what I did...but can't show you yet. :) Sorry. It's sad because I won't get my projects back...they are Stampin' Up's now. But I'm hoping to re-create them at some point. :) I do have a few pictures to show you what my stamping room looked like during the process. And actually....I was cleaning this room quite a bit (once I got to where I was working with like a 2 inch x 2 inch space I would have to pick stuff up. :) ). And this picture isn't as bad as it did get. BUT just trust me when I say that stuff was EVERYWHERE!!! On EVERY surface of my room I had STACKS of crap! :) It was fun though. So here's a bit of a peek... And this was no where near the worst that it was. And seriously....STACKS of stuff EVERYWHERE...

You can't totally tell, but it's stacked pretty high. :)
Anyway...the cards I am showing you today are ones I worked on during all of this. I loved the color combo so I wanted to make it work. So I tried a few different versions. In the end...I just did other ones I liked more...so never submitted anything like this. So you get to see these now! Here is the fist one...
They are all birthday themed and I think the color combo is fun. It's Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive. Here are some close-up details...
I glittered parts of each item and also...the background was embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder so it was shimmery as well. The stamp set is Itty Bitty Birthday and is a super fun one! :)
This next card I took from my brother's birthday card...
Except I used beads for the balloons. I want to make this again but use more beads. I was starting to run out of these colors....and wanted to save some in case I did make it to turn in for the contest. :) But I like the idea and this one was super fun to make! :) Here is a close-up...
More embossing using the Iridescent Ice powder...it is on both the background and the greeting. Shiny sparkly fun! :) And here is a close-up of the beads. Again...I would definitely put more in next time...
Oh...and the colors are Real Red, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, and Pumpkin Pie. And it's a 6x6 card.
This last one was fun too...
I made it a 5x5 card. Same colors as the last one. The scallop piece are the "Hugs" notes that are in the mini catalog. This is the LAST month you can order from this! :) Here are some close-up's...
Sparkly cupcakes and sparkly background too! Iridescent Ice for the background and Dazzling Diamonds applied with 2-way glue pen on the cupcakes. And finally...the greeting...

I love that Real Red Corduroy brad accent.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Jan Johnson said...

Hi Ashley! It is Jan, I didn't end up doing the Artisan Award year, I wish you the best and hope you are one of the winners!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...