Monday, October 26, 2009

A Little Hi and Some Fun!

Just a few cards to show you today. I was playing in my stamp room the other day (having some "therapy" time for myself. :) This is where I have no real "purpose" for my stamping...just having fun) and made this card. I got the layout idea from a Stampin' Success magazine. (This is a magazine that is sent to us demonstrators for FREE from Stampin' Up! Gotta love them! :) ) I thought it was fun and wanted to try it. It's not the exact layout, but basically the same. Here is my card...
And just a bit of a close-up for you. The "hi" letters are chipboard letters. I covered the with Basic Black Craft ink and then embossed them with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. They are sparkly in real life! :) Also...my friend was over stamping the other day, and she had brought a few cards to show me. On one of them she had punched out some circle punches using different patterns from one package of Desiger Series Paper. It looked so cute and I wanted to try it. So I did that on this card. I used Rich Razzleberry Patterns papers. Anyway: on to the close-up...
The stamp set I used is called "Central Park." I really love this one. It is actually not in the catalog right now, but is on the dorment list. So you can still order it. It's FABULOUS! :)
I had so much fun with that card that I wanted to make another one using different stamps. So this one uses the "Paradise" stamp set in the main catalog. I LOVE this one! And then I did this one on Kraft... And I used the word "fun" instead of the "hi" phrase. Same chipboard letters, except this time they are in Chocolate Chip and just clear embossing powder. A bit of a close-up...

Anyway...I hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OOh Ashley I love this!!!

Megan said...

I love these cards. I love love the fun border made out of the punched circles. :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...