Saturday, October 31, 2009

Digital Fun...Three Ways!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!!! I just wanted to quickly share some fun ways to use the new My Digital Studio software. It really is a lot of fun and so easy to use. This first card was done in the software, and just printed out using Stampin' Up!'s printer. I didn't make any changes to it after it was printed...it's a straight digital card...
Here is a view from the side so you can see it is just a flat card. Super easy to mass produce and flat to mail! Yet still can have your design style to it.
This next card is called a "hybrid" card. I had this card printed, but left off the ribbon and the scalloped saying. That way, I could add these embellishments myself....to combine digital and traditional....AKA hybrid. Here is that card...
A side view so you can see the ribbon (I just punched a small hole on the side so I could fit my ribbon around the card and still tie in the front) and the saying, that is up on dimensionals...

I really loved this because I LOVE using traditional elements and that is never going to change! :) But I love doing digital stuff as well...and it's fun to change the size of the stamps/punches/etc to fit whatever you need it to!
Then this last card is done by just using the layout I designed with the software. I made this entire card by hand...nothing was printed out. This card went together SO FAST because I didn't have to fuss with the design at all! Saved me a LOT of paper in the process! Here is the card...
I was also able to emboss the flowers....which added a fun touch. And I changed the pattern of the Crushed Curry Designer Series Paper to use up a scrap that I had already. Here is a close-up as well...
I LOVE using this software as a design help! I am having a lot of fun finding uses for this software. It can help in my crafting in so many different ways!
Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!!!

3 comments:

Kasia said...

so cool. I need to do this too! If I ever learn how to use the program :)

MamaX5 said...

This gets me excited to use the program. :) I haven't played with it yet - big surprise, huh?

Megan said...

I love seeing all the different versions of this card. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...