Wednesday, October 7, 2009

House of Haunts...

I just wanted to share a quick Halloween card with you today. Here it is...
A few things to notice on the card. First thing...the frame is actually made with the Top Note Die. LOVE this die and it is SO versatile. All I did was just cut out a Top Note Die. Then I turned the paper 90 degrees, lined up the points, and ran it through again. It made this shape. Then I repeated the process with Whisper White card stock, cut on the perferated line, and mounted it on the Pumpkin Pie mat. Second thing....the background of the card is just Basic Black card stock. Doesn't look like it because I sprayed it with a Shimmer Mist spray I made. How did I make this? I used the new Shimmer paints that are in the Holiday Mini catalog. I added about 12 drops to 2 oz. of Rubbing Alcohol (that I had put in a mini spray bottle). Then shake. Spray over whatever you want, and you have instand shimmer on your projects. Here is an up-close picture...
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

Love this stamp set and love how you made the shimmer!

Megan said...

So fun! I'm glad you tried making it into a spray...it looks so cool! I definitely need to try this. :)

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Fun Box!

 How's it been going, being on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team, you ask?  👏 😍 🙌  Well - when you are sent boxes like this ...