Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can you believe this Designer Series Paper?!

Oh my goodness...I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL the Designer Series Paper in the new catalog. Seriously...LOVE it. I had the hardest time deciding what papers to get RIGHT NOW...because I know I have to have them all eventually. :) Anyway: here are some SUPER quick 3 x 3 cards that I made using some of the new paper, Hawaiian Papaya. I love that name. :) Anyway: these are so easy. I just cut the DSP to 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and stamped the greeting on there. (The greetings are from the "Upsy Daisy" stamp set that is ON SALE until Sept. 30th! LOVE this set!!!) I actually stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip CRAFT ink so I could emboss using Crystal Clear emboss powder. So I embossed it, then mounted it on Tangerine Tangy card stock. I then tied Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon around the card. And VOILA! Finished! So quick and easy and I actually really love it. I wanted to make something that showcased the paper. I think it works. (Note: I'll be selling these at the Farmer's Market this Saturday so if you are the area and want to come and see them in person...come on over! :) ) Hope you enjoyed them, get some inspiration from them, like them, etc! (Sorry for the bad pictures...took them at night!) Here is one more pic...I wanted to give you an up close picture of one so you could see the embossing.

4 comments:

Megan said...

So cute! I can't wait to get my hands on that new paper! :)

Becky Carafa said...

These are just adorable!

lindsey s. said...

OOOH my order is coming tomorrow! i can't wait to use my washington apple... soooo cute ashley!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oohh lovely! Love that embossing powder sounds awesome.

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...