Sunday, August 3, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!??!?!?!

Fun convention story...

When you check in online for convention, if you have received an award of any kind (Stampin' Up is FABULOUS about rewarding you for your accomplishments and there are lots of ways you can earn free stamp sets and stuff) it will show up then. It won't tell you what you won, but it just says, "Congratulations you have won an award. Go to the Info booth when you get to convention" or something like that. Anyway...mine said that so of course I went. I wasn't sure exactly what I got, but just figured I met one of the sales or recruiting requirements. Well...I show up and tell them I think I get an award of some kind. Meanwhile, other people were showing up and getting these AMAZING pink purses that I was SO JEALOUS of!! So she gets a stamp set for me and a few pins, and hands me the bag. I was so excited for free stamps, of course. Well...I was about to ask her what the pink bag was for, and she says..."Wait....you want to make sure to get your NEW BAG!!!!!!!!" and then reaches behind a curtain to get one! I FREAK OUT!!!! Totally drop the other bags in my hand, scream, cause quite the scene, and just get so excited that I don't even listen to her. Turns out the bag goes to those in the Founder's Circle. Which is a group of the top 100 demos, the top 15 Rising Stars (which are the demo's that do the best in their first full year as a Stampin' Up demo), and a few other top demos for promotions for their downline. Anyway: it took her a few times telling me that I was IN THE FOUNDER'S CIRCLE!!!!! because I was screaming and freaking out. So....not only do I get this fabulous bag BUT I get a FOUR DAY trip with all the others that won and SHELLI!!!!! (For those of you that don't know, Shelli is the co-founder and owner of Stampin' Up! and kinda my hero! :) ) I LOVE HER!!!! So I am just THRILLED beyond words and kept waiting for them to take it away from me all day saying they made a mistake. Here is the cute bag...
(isn't it GORGEOUS!!!)
Anyway: I didn't know what I had won yet...whether it was Rising Star or Demo of the Year. They have a big Awards Night that you had to go to find out what you won. Well....I was positive it was for Rising Star and I was positive I was #15...that I just slid right in. :) Brian came with me to Awards night (sorry...my husband for those that don't know) and we got to sit in these special "Founder's Circle" seats and everything. We were so close we could see the TelePrompter. So we knew who was being called before they announced it. When they started with the Rising Stars...I knew I was going to be #15. Well....they called that and it wasn't me. Brian got excited...I got nervous thinking they really were making a mistake and I wouldn't ever be called. Then #14 called and Brian was more excited, me more freaked out. #13, #12, #11 called. Same thing. Well....#10 was called and IT WAS ME!!!!! I was SO SO SO excited!!!! THANK YOU STAMPIN' UP!!!!!!

(This is what happens when I leave my husband in charge of the photos! This is me hugging Shelli and meeting Shelli FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! She said in my ear, "Yeah!!! A Utah girl!!!" :) So in September I get an all expense paid trip to a spa in St. George!!!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!
Sorry for such a long post, but I am SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!! For those of you that read this whole thing, thanks! :)

6 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow congrats to you, thats Fabulous, you must be doing really well.
Love your blog btw.
Kristy

Emily said...

YEAH!!! Congrats, ASH! You deserve it!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! I love your stuff you make, by the way. I look at it, but never leave the comment that it's all so cute. :)
And when did Brian get so bad at taking pictures?? Hello!! You have a head!

Nancy Riley said...

OMG Ashley! That must have been incredibly exciting for you! CONGRATULATOINS! You must have worked your business extremely hard this year! WOW!!!

Kim Gasper said...

So happy for you, Ashley! It was great to meet you and I appreciate your demo tips! :-)

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Congratulations to you -- that's a huge achievement!! I look forward to meeting you in St. George! :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...