Thursday, April 16, 2020

It Is Memory Time!!!

Do you ever make cards based on a memory?!  Well that was the challenge for today's #30daycardmakingchallenge!  And it was FUN!  Right before we were quarantined, I got to take an AMAZING trip to the Bahamas with my best friend.  And I got to do my FAVORITE thing...scuba dive!  I got to dive every day and I LOVED IT!  So that was what my card was based on today:



SUPPLIES:  (all items are available in my STORE!)

Colors: Purple Posy, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Gray Granite
Inks:  Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Highland Heather, Gray Granite, VersaMark, BLENDS: Purple Posy Light & Dark
Cardstock/Papers:  Gray Granite, Purple Posy, Soft Sea Foam, Bermuda Bay, Shimmery White, Vellum, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Sea of Textures, Seaside Notions, Peaceful Moments
Tools: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Under the Sea Dies, Smooth Sailing Dies, High Seas 3D Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Aqua Painter
AccessoriesWhite Stampin' Emboss Powder, Woven Threads Sequin Assortment, Petal Pink 5/8" Organdy Striped Ribon

It is all about under the sea today!  And I had to use this greeting because that is exactly what I do every day...I think of the ocean (and being under it exploring it) with all my heart.  Every. Single. Day.  😍😍😍  I love the layers and texture under the ocean, so that is what I wanted to do with this card.  


I used a variety of stamp sets and dies to get all the layers.  The seahorse is colored with Blends.  I stamped and embossed the background grass.  The Soft Sea Foam grass I die-cut then used a stamp from the Sea of Textures Stamp Set to stamp the texture.  😍


Then I took the Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon and pleated it behind the greeting to add a little more texture also.  

The background I did a watercolor wash with Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, and Pacific Point:



I hope you enjoy this card!  Are you playing along?!  I hope so!  This challenge has been so much fun and has been the motivation for me to get in my craft room these days...which is doing great things for my mental game!  😀 


As a bonus...here are a few pics from my scuba diving trips I took just a few months ago (and yet it feels like a lifetime ago).  







Man even those pictures just make my heart happy!  Thanks for this memory challenge, Martin!  And thank you for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...