Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Paper Flowers Birthday Fun...

I LOVE making paper flowers.  I don't know what it is...but I love watching this flat piece of "boring" cardstock become something truly amazing and beautiful.  It's always amazing to me how you can manipulate a piece of paper and what you can turn it in to!  (Guess that's why I LOVE paper crafting so much!!!)  Ok...that could get majorly off topic...and you came to see something cute, right?!  :)  SOOO....how about I just show you a fun birthday box that I made with some paper flowers?!  :) Again...like my LAST POST...the stamping on this project is using the Birthday Surprise stamp set that is in the Annual catalog...


I love this box!  This box could be a gift just by itself!  :-)

Project Supplies (all Stampin' Up!)

Project Colors: Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Hello Honey, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White (these were the cardstock colors I used also)
Stamp Sets:  Birthday Surprise
Accessories: Blossom Punch, Pansy Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Gold Sequin Trim, Sponge, Brads, Kraft Gift Box

Here are a few more pics of some details...




Now...when I spend the time to make wrapping like this...it make make you want to cry to think of someone just ripping open the package and ruining it all.  :)  Well...I try to make it easy for the recipient to open and keep everything "fresh".  That way they can even re-use the gift box again!  So for projects like this...I use belly bands A LOT!  (That is just a removable band that you can add your "flair" to but easily remove to open.  So the green belly band on this box just slides right off (I made it out of cardstock so it would hold up to the weight of the flowers) and you can open the box to easily get the gift...


Fun and easy, right?!  Also...I just added the gold sequins to the front and back of the box...so the sequins wouldn't get in the way of the belly band sliding on and off.  

Hope you enjoy this project!  Thanks so much for visiting!  


No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...