Friday, April 11, 2014

Club Card...

This week was my monthly club class!  We always have such a great time!  Thanks to my clubbers for being a part of it!

Just for those of you that may not know what this is...once a month my "clubbers" place their minimum order of Stampin' Up! products and then get to make TWO FREE projects each month as well as earn FREE Stampin' Up! merchandise.  You can participate even if you don't live by me!  So let me know if you have any questions or want more details!  designwithink@gmail.com

The card we made as one of our projects this month is VERY similar to the last card I posted.  You can see it HERE.  I just kept going back and looking at that card...and since Spring is here...I decided to just make a similar card..but with some brighter colors.  And this is what became of that... 


Fun, bright, and cheery...right?! But same basic elements as the previous card.  (It's amazing at what just a few simple changes can do!) I will say...I have been having fun with these colors lately.  All the colors I used on this card (except for Whisper White) is from the 2012-2014 In Color group (Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, and Primrose Petals).  This means that these colors and anything with these colors (ribbons, embellishments, etc) will be retiring soon!  So get your card stock, ink pads, refills, etc. before they are gone!  

Now I have to point out...look at the scallop background on this card.  SO FUN, right?!?!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this effect.  And it's SO EASY!  I used the new Scallop Texture Embossing Folder that is in the Mini Catalog along with Gumball Green Core'dinations paper.  What is that?!  Well...it is a textured card stock that has a lighter core in the card stock.  So...as you emboss and then rub a sanding block over the embossing, it reveals the lighter core of the card stock, along with the texture of the card stock.  Making this COOL effect...

So simple...yet oh so fun!  

The stamp set I used on this card is called "Geometrical" and is also in the current Mini Catalog (link on the left side of my blog).  I love this set and find all it's fun shapes...well...fun!  But here I decided to take a new approach to using the triangle image.  I turned five triangles into a flower!  How fun, right?!  Here's a close-up...

This is also easy to do.  Just stamp five triangles (there are lots of different triangles to chose from in this set so you could do lots of different looks) on Whisper White and punch out with the coordinating Triangle punch.  Then punch out two 3/4" circles.  Adhere the tips of all 5 triangles onto one of the circles and then cover up with the other circle.  Add whatever other embellishment you may want in the middle of your flower...and VOILA!  Beautiful flower!

Love all things banner/layers/glimmer.  So I love the layered look of this greeting...


It really is a simple card, yet so many textures and layers it makes my creative heart happy.  My clubbers seemed to love making it.  (Hope they weren't faking it! :) )  

Thanks so much for visiting!  Come back and see me soon!

No comments:

A Little Birthday Love ...

I am a big fan of wrapping a birthday gift in a fun & special way.  However ... I will preface it by saying it is NEVER a necessity.  😁...