Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Softer Side...

Let it be known...I LOVE BRIGHT COLORS.  Seriously...I love them.  They make my heart happy.  Well...today I am sharing "a softer side" with a soft color palate.  I LOVE this color combo as well.  This card also makes my heart happy, even if it doesn't have bright colors.  :)

This card is very similar to one I found on Pinterest. I loved her layout using the triangles and sentiment from the "Geometrical" stamp set from the Mini Catalog.  The triangles were so fun and I just had to make my own.  So I made some changes and this is the card I came up with...

The color combo is Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, and Crumb Cake.  I keep going to look at this card because it feels so fresh and soft.  And it has my fave....some 1 1/4" Burlap ribbon AND some Glimmer Paper.  Can't get much better than that!  :)  AND I also used one of my most loved (and therefore used) stamp sets.  It's called "Gorgeous Grunge" and I use it ALL. THE. TIME.  These are the stamps that are in the background of the card.  I just kinda went crazy and had no rhyme or reason to stamping the background.  Just inked up the images and stamped wherever I felt like it.  :)

Here are some close-up's...



LOVE that YUM ruffled elastic ribbon!  I love just having it peek out behind layers.  I use this stuff all the time!

I hope you enjoy this card!  Let me know if you have any questions!  Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this!! This color combo is awesome :) and I love those ribbons!! :) So many fun details!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...