Monday, April 14, 2014

A Wreath of Banners...

Just when you thought I was all out of banners to show you...I HAVE MORE!  :)  Today we are taking Banners to another level....the circular level!  Yes...that's right...I have a wreath made from banners to share today!  (I guess you could probably tell that from the title of this post! :) )

Do you ever have a project in your head that you just can't stop thinking about until it is made?!  Well...that's how this project was for me.  I saw a wreath like this on Pinterest and kinda didn't give it much thought.  Until it WOULD NOT LEAVE MY MIND!  I seriously just kept picturing it.  So when I had a few minutes in my stamp room...I went to work.  Here is the wreath I made...


Now this was my first try with this type of wreath...was just kinda winging it to figure out how it would work best.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  I can't wait to make more now that I know a bit more what I'm doing.  I can think of lots of color combos/occasions that I will be making these for.  It didn't require a ton of supplies and I actually cut the wreath form from the chipboard sheets that are in the back of the Specialty Designer Series Paper packs.  Easy, peasy!

I bet you are asking, "Where is that Designer Series Paper from?"

Well...it's from a very under utilized pack of paper, in my opinion.  This pack has a few dominating patterns that I think people get caught up in.  It has one sheet of cameras and one of luggage, and I love them both!  But sometimes you don't need cameras and luggage on your projects.  Well it's double sided paper so just flip to the other side!  This pack of paper is called, "I Am Me."  Here is a look at the paper...


Polka Dots, Stripes, etc!  So much fun!  Here are some of the patterns that I used on the wreath, close-up...


Love them!  

Now on to the flowers...they are made with the Floral Frames Framelits.  Here is an up-close shot...



Love all the layers.  I sponged the edges to make them pop a bit more and used buttons with some Baker's Twine in the middle for some more texture.  Also splattered a bit of Real Red ink on the Real Red flowers...




Now I know another thought...WHERE IS THAT RIBBON FROM?!?  Well...I will tell you...it's from THE CLEARANCE RACK!  I love this big thick ribbon for lots of home decor type things.  So when I saw this on there, I jumped at the chance to get some!  So head to my store... www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net to snag yourself some!  Here is a close-up shot...


I just took two piece of ribbon, held them together like they were one piece, and then just tied my bow.  Fluff it out and VOILA!  Too cute and fun!

And then finally...my new wreath on my front door...


It really pops against my door, I think!

I hope you enjoy this project!  Thanks so much for visiting! Bright and cheery for a bright and cheery season coming!  Let me know if you have any questions!  designwithink@gmail.com

2 comments:

Pam said...

Just when I think you can't do a better do a better SU home decor project, you do it!!! Love this....I could do this!! Wondering what I was going to do with my older, seasonal DSP....now I know. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Dare I do one with banner layers? What do ya think? Maybe I should stick with fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Love it!! And that pack of paper is so fun! Definitely want to make me a banner wreath! :)

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...