Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Little Old and a Little New...

As I have been cleaning out/organizing my stamp room and moving out some retired sets...I found a set that I am quite sad that is leaving us. I LOVE the set "Good Friend". I think it's so cheery and fun and just makes me smile! So I decided I needed to play with him a bit today. :) So I used a retiring stamp set (you have until JUNE 30TH TO GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE!!) along with some new colors! I had quite a bit of fun with this...
I am LOVING the new Marina Mist blue! It's my FAVORITE blue EVER! :) So I stamped the bird in Marina Mist. Added some Early Espresso legs with a Cajun Craze beak. Then then for the wing...I did that with some Early Espresso cardstock I randomly stamped on and then sponged the edges. Popped up with a dimensional. The background I just stamped with different images in the stamp set using the same colors: Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso. I also spritzed the background (as well as the bird and the greeting) with some Shimmer Spray. Here is a close-up that you can maybe see some of the sparkle...
And then most everything is up on dimensionals. I love the dimension it adds! :)
The card base is Sahara Sand textured. The Whisper White piece that the bird is adhered to is also textured cardstock. I LOVE textured cardstock! It adds such a fun addition to any project, with basically no effort! Oh..and although I used the color "Cajun Craze" to stamp some things, I ended up using "Dusty Durango" ribbon for the project. I think they blend very well together. And just FYI...all the stamps used to make this card are all from that "Good Friend" stamp set.
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy and hope this little birdie brought you some joy today! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love this! I am sad that this set is retiring...I never bought it but that bird is so stinkin cute! :) Anyway, love the colors and everything on this card! :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...