Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Artisan Award Entry #5

This card entry is a 3x6 card. I really like this size of card. I think they are fun. And again...I tried to do a variety of styles/sizes of cards. Here is the boyish one that I came up with... I LOVE this surfer stamp. I guess I love anything about the beach so why wouldn't I love this?! :) Now on to some details...
I embossed the Surfer on a Whisper White cardstock piece. Then I spritzed the background with Taken With Teal marker and Color Spritzer tool. I sponged the edges with Taken With Teal ink. Then mounted the Whisper White cardstock onto a piece of the Groom Specialty Designer Series Paper. (This stuff is SO GORGEOUS!!!) Then adhere that onto Taken With Teal cardstock. I then embossed the surfer on another Whisper White cardstock piece, cut it out, and put it on dimensionals on the card to make it pop a bit more.

For this sentiment (from the FYI stamp set), I also embossed it. This time on Taken With Teal cardstock. Did some color spritzing again and punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. Then punched out a Basic Black background with the 1 3/8" circle punch. Added a Basic Black brad to tie it in with the bottom of the card. The ribbon is the Certainly Celery Satin ribbon.
The background that I stamped is actually two different stamp sets. I first stamped the "Sanded" background on the whole card. Then I came back with my "Extreme Elements" stamp set and stamped that blobby looking stamp over the Sanded background. Love the look. :) Then I did a little scallop border and added Basic Black brads at the valley of each scallop.

The "you are awesome" is stamped on the textured Certainly Celery cardstock piece that is adhered to the inside of the card. It's also embossed...which just makes everything pop more!
I hope you enjoy this card! Thanks so much for visiting! I will share another entry tomorrow! I'm having so much fun sharing these with you so hope you are enjoying seeing them! :)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, Ashley...this is a definate Winner!!!! The time you spent on the details are incredible...must have taken hours and hours!!!
You are AMAZING!!!

Kim Burmeister said...

This is awesome! I love the details!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...