Monday, June 28, 2010

FABRIC FUN!!!

Well I had ONE FABULOUS WEEKEND! I had a date with fabric, fabric, and MORE fabric!!! :) Seriously....it was a BLAST! I learned something new this weekend and I am SO EXCITED about it! I spent ALL DAY SATURDAY quilting!!!!! I got to go to this quilt event one of my upline's did. And I MADE A QUILT TOP!!!! I need to take it to a machine quilter to have it finished, but I thought I would still show you a picture of what it looks like now. Because I can't wait to show you!!!!! :) So no more delay's...here is the quilt top I made on Saturday...
HOW MUCH FUN IS THIS?!?! Don't you just LOVE this?!?! And I did it ALL BY MYSELF with the help of a sewing machine and my Big Shot!!! (And a few teachers to tell me what to do!!!! :) THANKS!!!!) Seriously though...let me tell you this...I DO NOT SEW!!!! Honestly...I DO NOT!!!!! This is all so (or SEW!!! hehe) new to me! I was a bit intimidated and it took me awhile to figure it all out. But I think my next one will go much faster. So IF I CAN DO THIS...believe me....ANYONE can! :) I am so in love with this thing and can't wait to see it all finished. The binding is going to be a chocolate brown and the back will be pink minkey fabric (that soft cuddly stuff). And let me tell you...the Big Shot is ONE AMAZING thing! Cutting out the scallop circles for the middle were a BREEZE cause it cuts through EIGHT layers of fabric at one time!!!! And if you could see my face right now...you would know I am BEAMING and am so proud of myself for trying something new. :) Now I think I am addicted. hehe

Today I even played with a little more fabric. Fleece this time. I learned how to make these flowers last week and I have been dying to try it. So finally made myself try...
How cute are these? You just use a little thread, a needle, your Big Shot (and if you don't have one yet...uhhhhh...what are you waiting for?!?! YOU NEED ONE!!!!!!), the Circles #2 die, and a button. I HAD to use those Corduroy buttons that are ON SALE right now (AND on the LAST CHANCE list so you only have until Wed to order them!!!!) because they are FABULOUS! Here is a pic of each flower a bit more up close....
Aren't they so much fun?! And get this...you need 5 each of the biggest circle and the next size circle to make this. Well...the Big Shot will cut them ALL OUT at ONE time!!!! All 5 layers of fleece went right on through it! I have to say...I'm in love. :)
Anyway...thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy! Let me know your thoughts...I would love to hear them! :)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow look at you miss crafty girl! It looks great! I love the flowers too you will have to teach me how to do that :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh wow Ashley this is just gorgeous!! You talented girl.
Kristy xx

Pam said...

Love, love, what you've been so busy doing!!! Now the flowers...every where I'm seeing cards with 3-d flowers. Making roses with the big 5 petal flower punch makes great, quick, pretty ones. A 6 petal punch or Sizzix makes it even more realistic. But I must say I do love your fleece ones the best!!! Don't have the Bigshot circles, but have up to 3" circle (won't mention the brand). What are the diameters of the 2 circles you used?

Realtor Mary Palma said...

I love the felt flowers but I cannot figure how you put them together to make the flower. Can you explain? I would love to make some. Thanks, Mary

Jill said...

okay little miss do it all...i need a lesson from you when i come out in two weeks. we have much to do!!!!! WELL DONE CHICKA!

Brooke S said...

Shut UP!!! How cool is your quilt... So glad I got to see you at SU this spring... I totally miss you and Megan.. CONGRATS on being a finalist... Wish you would have won!!! rats... Give Megan a hug for me. Wish I was at convention...
HUGS
BROOKE

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...