Sunday, July 5, 2009

Big Shotin' It!

I had a BLAST with the few minutes I had to play yesterday with my NEW STUFF! I got a lot of stuff for the Big Shot with my first catalog order. I love that thing! :) One of the things I got was the "Bitty Box and Envelope" die. (You'll see the envelope soon enough, but for now I just did the box.) My mom needed a box for a small jewelry item she is giving to her sister as a gift. So I started playing. I made this one first to try it out:
I left that little tab open a bit so you can see how it opens. There is a slit right there and then a little tab to put in the slit to keep it closed. That paper is Cottage Wall...of course new stuff! :) Look at that YUMMY new color, Rich Razzleberry. LOVE it! Then the flowers are from a new Die Cut as well, can't remember then name at the moment but Blossom something.

Then I tied some of this fabulous new ribbon around the box. AHHHH! LOVE this Polka-Dot stuff! It's SO PRETTY!
Then I needed to make my mom the box she needed, now that I had practiced. Well....turned out I used colors on my practice box that match the jewelry piece. So the only thing I changed was the color of the box. I made it black instead! So here is this box:

I used a different pattern in the Cottage Wall paper, and I love them all in this pack! The flowers come from that same die that I used before. The little circle even come out of it too. It's great!
Then I used that same YUMMY ribbon! LOVE it! Here is a pic of the box opened, so you can see how it works better:

I had so much fun with these boxes and it was great because I just had a few minutes to do them. Gotta love the Big Shot for quickness! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Super cute boxes Ash! And you know...I wasn't loving this paper just seeing it in the book, but it is really fun! :)
Thanks for sharing your cute project! :)

Kasia said...

ooh so cool, this is definitely on my wish list! So does the envelope fit in the box? What size is the envelope?

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...