Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not So Simple Birthday Thanks...

I LOVED LOVED the set "Simple Birthday Thanks" the first time I saw it in the catalog. A big fatty cupcake....who couldn't love it?! :) And I also envisioned a card the first time I saw it as well. I just haven't had the chance to sit down and try. Well.....I finally did! I'm not sure it's exactly what I pictured, but I do like it. It just took a lot longer than I envisioned. :) Here is the card....
Stamps: Simple Birthday Thanks, Think Happy Thoughts
Ink: Basic Black
Card Stock: Regal Rose, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Kraft (the card base that all the other cupcake pieces are mounted on)
Accessories: Georgia Peach DSP, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Glassy Glaze embossing powder, Fresh Favorites buttons, Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch, Very Vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon


What I first did was stamp the whole cupcake on a standard size Kraft card, with the cupcake frosting slightly overlapping the fold line on the card. Then I cut it all out. With the frosting overlapping on the fold line, it creates the place for the card to be able to open up. Then I just stamped the cupcake on several different DSP and card stock layers and cut out the individual pieces. I glued the cupcake base directly on the Kraft card, and then the frosting and cherry is up on dimensionals. So it really does have a lot of dimension. Here's a picture that hopefully helps see that...

Then also what I did, before I mounted any of these pieces, was do a little embossing. The frosting I embossed with iridescent ice emboss powder. Then the cherry I embossed with Glassy Glaze emboss powder to give it a fabulous glow. :) Here's a pic that hopefully helps you see that better....

I know this was a long post, but it was a time consuming card to make so it deserves a longer than normal post! :) I hope you enjoy! (Although it might not look like it was...all that cutting took some time! :) )

5 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

I love this, you rock!!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is awesome! I want to eat it

Megan said...

Super cute! I love all the embossing on the card! :)

bribets said...

That is a lot of work but well worth it...it's ADORABLE!!!

My word verification code is: "zbcey"....kind of sounds like "Betsy"...cute!

Lynn said...

How cute is this!? It was well worth all the time you took to create this! You really showed just how versatile this stamp is. Super cute!!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...