Sunday, September 13, 2009

Coordinating Card...

I posted an Accordion Scrapbook HERE just the other day. I made a coordinating card for it so wanted to show you that as well. On to the card...

I think I have used this layout 100 different times. I LOVE it. I know the "Friendship" phrase is not straight. Didn't want to pull out my Stamp-a-ma-jig and I kinda like the scawampusness of it. :)

***Tip...when I stamped the solid butterfly image...I inked it up real well and stamped it first on to scratch paper and then again on the actual card stock (withOUT re-inking). Then I inked up the polka dot butterfly stamp and stamped it over the body image full strength. The reason for that is then you get a lighter color for the body so the polka dot shows up well...yet it's the same color still!!! This is a technique called "stamping off" so you know. :) ***

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Celebrate Everything
Ink: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Bermuda Bay Designer Series Paper, Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Butterfly Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Rose Red 1" Double Stitched Ribbon

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous card Ashley! Your work is always very gorgeous and amazing. I wanna have a play craft date with you.
xx

Pam said...

Oh, Ashley, I adore this card--love sharing the "stamping off" technique and especially giving a list of the products used. You are so my best SU friend!!! Wish I lived closer to come to your classes--your items being made look AMAZING!!!
Pam from Price

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Fun Box!

 How's it been going, being on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team, you ask?  👏 😍 🙌  Well - when you are sent boxes like this ...