Friday, July 17, 2009

Lovin' The Bitty Box...

I've shown you a Bitty Box before (a box I made with the Bitty Box Die) HERE. My dear friend, Kasia, asked about the envelope and if it fit inside. So I decided I should probably make one with the envelope so she/you could see. :) So here you go...I used Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, and Whisper White. I haven't used the Eggplant color much and it was fun! I actually did NOT use Chocolate Chip anywhere! I can't believe it! :) I'm proud of myself for branching out a bit. :)
Here is a bit of a side view. For the Eggplant in the button, I just cut a super small strip of card stock and then put it in the holes and adhered in the back. Now you can have any color inside your buttons! :) The Old Olive Designer Series Paper and flower actually slide right off. I just made it as a Belly Band so you could take it off completely to open the box. Here is a view of the Belly Band...
And then when you open it you can see how DARLING the note inside is!!!
I had the flap of the envelope on top because I love that little flower accent. It is 2 of the flowers from the Boho Blossom punch. I sponged them a bit, and then put an Old Olive brad in the middle. Then attached it to the envelope flap. Here's a close-up...
And then here is the cute little note inside the envelope. I used the other flower from the Boho punch, sponged again, and used another Old Olive brad...
I love this box and envelope combo. It was so much fun to play with. And so BITTY cute! :) Oh...and before you have to ask....here is what I did to seal the envelope. Since Stampin' Up! doesn't sell the "Greeting Glue" anymore (so sad!) I had a moment of brilliantness. (Haha...I'm kidding.) But I just used our 2-way glue pen! If you apply the glue and stick it while it's still blue, then it's permanent. BUT...if you wait a bit for it to try then it is temporary adhesive. So PERFECT to seal an envelope and worked like a charm. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Kasia said...

Wow Ash, you just did an awesome job of selling this to me, it is now on the top of my wish list :) I love how you put big flowers on all of the little boxes! I am definitely going to do it sometime :)

Megan said...

This is so cute! I love the little flowers on the card and envelope! So fun! :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...