Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tahitian Sea Turtles!

This card was fun!  A short little backstory ...  I have projects on display in my craft room.  Well as I was in my craft room, I saw a card that just always brings me cheer.  And I thought - I want to make this again. 😂  But with different stamps this time!  So I got to playing, and voila!  This card was born!  (Then stay tuned to see my original card that I copied.)

Colors Tahitian Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo, Basic White
Inks: Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, VersaMark, BLENDS Markers: Flirty Flamingo
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Basic Black, Tahitian Tide, 2022-2024 In Color Textured Speciality Paper
Stamps: Sea Turtle, Charming Sentiments
Tools:  Beauty of the Deep Dies, Sentiment Silhouettes Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, Heat Tool, Cheery Patterns Embossing Folder (retired), Sponge Dauber
Accessories: Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels,  Basic Embossing Powder

The Tahitian Tide is such a fun, bright & cheery color.  And did you know Stampin' Up!'s 2023-2024 Annual Catalog has textured cardstock in this years In Colors?!  It is on the Specialty Paper section, and it's the 2022-2024 In Color Textured Specialty Paper.  And it is GORGEOUS!  It even has a little shimmer to it...

Also ... did you happen to notice the variation in the turtle color?  Are you wondering how I did that?  Well - easy peasy!  I just inked up the turtles in Lemon Lime Twist.  Then I grabbed a Sponge Dauber, inked it up in Granny Apple Green, and pounced it right over the turtle in a few spots.  Easy, quick, & fun color variation!  (Also look at that fun embossed background!  It is from the Cheery Patterns Embossing Folders.  They just retired from the 2023 Holiday Mini Catalog - I hope you got them! 😀)


Also ... did you happen to notice the color variation in the coral behind the turtle?!  Well ... here is another fun little tip for that! 


I used Blends Markers!  First ... I just colored onto a piece of Basic White cardstock with both the Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Blends Markers.  Now ... for this die ... it is totally okay that it is so splotchy.  I wanted that so you could notice the difference since this is a more intricate die. 

So see how splotchy it is?! 


But look how cute it turns out when it's all cut out! 


Obsessed and in love, honestly.  Hee.  It was kinda painful to hide it behind the turtle.  But I really like the texture and details it adds.  And here are just a few more pics to check out all the details! 



I really hope you enjoy this fun & cheery card!  But ... want to see how this all started?!  Well ... here you go! On display in my carft room is this card: 


(Which is just truly love so so much still!  Haha.)

But I hope you enjoyed these turtles.  I hope you got some sort of inspiration from this.  And I also hope you let me know any questions you may have!  I would love to help you purchase any Stampin' Up! supplies that you need!  Thank you so much for visiting!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...