Friday, January 19, 2024

Being Creative With Simply Sparkling!

Stampin' Up!'s Online Exclusives are such a fabulous product offering, and I am currently LOVING the Simply Sparkling Bundle!  It is so cute!  So when I had an upcoming Artisan assignment to do for Stampin' Up!, where I got to pick what product I wanted to use, I jumped on using the Simply Sparkling Bundle.  BUT ... I didn't use the soda can at all for these projects!  Want to see what I made and a few tips to make them yourself?!  (Or to use the techniques in any project you want?! 😁)  Well - here we go!

Colors Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lolly, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Basic Gray, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, VersaMark, BLENDS: Bubble Bath, Pool Party, Basic Black
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheets
Stamps: Simply Sparkling
Tools:  Simply Sparkling Dies, Modern Oval Punch, Elegant Tag Topper Punch, Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Water Painter
Accessories: Simply Elegant Trim, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Metallics Embossing Powder

These are the projects I made, and LOOK!  No soda can!  Hee.  I truly had so much fun making this fun birthday gift duo, and I want to point out a few fun techniques that I did to make these projects really pop.

Let me show you a few things on the card first! 

The highlight of this card for me is the watercolored background! Stamp & emboss the images onto Watercolor Paper, then just add color using a Water Painter and your choice of ink.  ***Tip: Squeeze the ink pad before opening it so that the lid touches the ink pad.  This will create a little pool of ink in the top of the lid allowing you to easily grab the ink with your Water Painter.  Use water to create various color shades, giving depth to your images.  Once the colored lemons are dry, use the same technique to color the background.


Love a striped detail on a project?!  Me too! Now you can have stripes in any color! Simply pick a Stampin' Blend in the color of your choice and freehand stripes across a strip of cardstock.  Then, simply adhere the striped cardstock to your project, leaving a bit of the cardstock showing.  The fun detail really makes the entire card pop!


Here are just a few more photos showing you the details of the card: 




One small thing to point out on the greeting part.  If you are wondering what cardstock I used on the "FRIEND" part of the greeting ... let me help with that!  I used Basic White!  What?! you may be asking.  Hee.  Yup.  I just colored with Bubble Bath Blends Markers on some Basic White, in a little bit of an ombre, and then stamped onto that.  So just color with the light and then add a little dark on the bottom.  I love this little detail.  And a little spoiler alert ... I share a bit more on this below because this is the same thing I did for the belly band on the box!  Just on a smaller scale here, so I wanted to point it out! 


Now for the gift box...


I really love this box, and it is so easy to make with the Envelope Treat Boxes in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalog! I watercolored some lemons, like I showed above, & also did the little Blends Marker Ombre for the sentiment.  Then for the background of the tag, I just did a quick watercolor wash in Bubble Bath with some splatter.  So the tag came together really easily.  However ... the fun part of this to me is the ombre band! The same way I did the little greetings above, I did the whole band:


It really is so easy to create an ombre band for the gift box.  Just use Stampin' Blends to color a strip of cardstock! Start with the light Stampin' Blends on top & blend it into the dark Stampin' Blends at the bottom! The more you color over a spot, the darker it will get.  So just add more color on the bottom so it will be your darkest layer!  I am just completely obsessed at how it looks when it is all put together! 


So what do you think?  What is your favorite part of this?!  As a fun reference ... here is a photo of all the supplies I used! 

I hope you loved this project and it inspires you in some way!  I would love to see anything you make! 💗 Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help getting your hands on any of these products!  (Or any other Stampin' Up! products! 😍)

Drop me a message if I can help you with anything!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com


No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...