Thursday, January 18, 2024

Me?! A GUEST Designer?!

Well color me excited!  Today is such a fun day for me!  Do you follow the account Stampin' Through The Catalog?  If you don't, you should!  They are a team of FABULOUS artists that stamp their way through the stamp sets in the Stampin' Up! catalogs, and encourage us to do the same.  It is so much fun seeing what they create, and in turn-inspire others to create.  They also have guest designers they spotlight.  And ... yes!  All of this to say ... they picked ME to be a guest designer today!  To say I am excited is an understatement.  I have looked up to each of these designers for years and years!  They are SOOOO talented!  So today they shared my project, and tomorrow - they have are doing a live video where they share projects they made that were inspired by MINE!  What?!  These fabulous ladies that have inspired me now are making something inspired by my card?  Yes...I am beaming and probably won't stop.  Haha.  

So - without further ado - here is the card I made! 

Colors Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Pecan Pie, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Basic Black, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, 2022-2024 In Color 6"x6" Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Beach Day
Tools:  Beach Day Dies, Perennial Postage Dies, Heat Tool, Exposed Brick Embossing Folder, Blending Brush
Accessories: Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Basics Embossing Powder

When I was asked what stamp set I wanted to use, well, it was kinda a no-brainer.  Haha.  Beach Day Bundle in the ☆NEW☆ Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog was the sure winner.  Hee.  I LOVE anything beach related so to say I squealed when I saw this for the first time is an understatement.  Just look at how cute this bundle is: 

Definitely squeal-worthy, right?!  Haha.  Yeah, I figured you would agree.  Hee.  

I had so much fun with this card.  I LOVE that surf board.  So I wanted them to be the star of the show on this card.  But there are some fun details I want to point out:

  • Stamped surfboards onto Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, then embossed with clear embossing powder. 
  • Watercolor surfboards in a soft, but bright & cheery, color combo.
  • Layer white cardstock with different techniques to add texture.  Embossed background, a "clean" die-cut layer, then a blended ink/splattered piece to all make the focal point pop a bit more. 
  • Palm Trees: watercolor the colors you want onto watercolor paper.  Die-cut the images from the watercolored paper, and then layer together.  

I love how it all works together to create a fun beachy card!  I have to admit ... I have stared at this card more than once since I made it, just to feel some beach vibes in my heart during winter.  Hee.  

Hope you enjoy!  Thank you so much for visiting!  I would LOVE to see what you make with this stamp set, or anything else that this card inspires you to make!  Go follow Stampin' Through the Catalog's account on Facebook & Instagram to have your creative heart be filled with buckets of inspiration!  😍

Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you get your hands on this amazing bundle or any other Stampin' Up! products!  Or help you with any of your papercrafting needs!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...