Friday, January 12, 2024

Submarine Life Sketch!

Happy Friday!  I love the start of a weekend.  So much fun, right?!  Well...even more fun when it is my turn to design something for the TGIF Challenge!  Especially when I have ☆NEW☆ fun things from the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog AND SALE-A-Bration Brochure to play with! This week is a fun sketch challenge and I just HAD to use the new Submarine Life Bundle with it!



Colors Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Inks: Orchid Oasis, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White Craft, Versamark, Tahitian Tide Blends Markers
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Holographic Trio Speciality Paper
Stamps: Submarine Life
Tools:  Submarine Life Builder Punch, Nested Essentials Dies, Heat Tool
Accessories: Pool Party 5/8" Crinkle Ribbon, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels

Here is the sketch challenge ... so you can see where I got the layout for this card.  (What comes to your mind when you see it?  Cause we want you to participate too!)


A couple fun details, starting with this bow.  Yes, kind of a large bow for this card.  BUT ... I LOVE this ribbon!  So why shouldn't it be showcased.  You can earn it FREE with Sale-A-Bration.  But a fun little detail ... the ribbon is actually Pool Party.  (So you want to look for the Pool Party ribbon in the SAB brochure.  Hee.). But since I was using Tahitian Tide on this card, I colored the ribbon with my Tahitian Tide Blends Marker to make it Tahitian! 😍


Another fun detail ... HOLOGRAPHIC PAPER!  I used it for the propeller and the top part (whatever that is called.  Haha.) And it adds just such a fun detail.  Seriously ... this holographic paper is such a must have, in my opinion.  Hee.  I use it so much more that I ever thought.  


I also added a little embossing detail.  I embossed some of the snorkeling sea life (CAN YOU EVEN?!  I know I can't.  Haha.  THEY. ARE. SO. CUTE!!!  A snorkeling starfish, are you kidding me?!  😂) in white onto vellum.  Then I backed it with a piece of Basic White cardstock.  


This top detail ... I just stamped the wave image on top of the cardstock, and the cut it out.  Then I took a piece of Basic White cardstock, drew some stripes on it with my Tahitian Tide Blends Marker, and then adhered that behind the cardstock.  Love this little detail.  


What do you think?  Did I miss any detail that you want to know more about?!  Feel free to ask!  Also...head over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to play along with us!  We want to see what you make!  

If you have any questions, please let me know!  If I can help you get any Stampin' Up! supplies ... I would love to help!  Right now, during Sale-A-Bration time, you can earn exclusive products for FREE!  Best time of the Stampin' Up! year! 💕 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...