Thursday, September 29, 2022

Commonwealth of Colour...a Tribute to Queen Elizabeth II

Well today is a thoughtful & special day for me.  I am participating in an event that I feel incredibly honored to be apart of.  

Welcome to the Commonwealth of Colour, a tribute to the recent passing of the late Queen Elizabeth II.  My friend of mine from the UK created this event so we could share inspiration and respect in honor of beautiful and powerful life that Queen Elizabeth II led.  All the projects you see today from those of us participating in this event are inspired by the Commonwealth and/or the amazing colours the Queen would wear.  I am so grateful to participate in this event with some of my #artisanalumni friends.  

Queen Elizabeth II was always a wonder to me.  Watching such a strong, graceful, kind, loving, dignified, powerful woman as she lead such a strong country was such an inspiration.  I will truly be forever grateful for her leadership and the mark she left on this world.  So that was the inspiration for this card...

Colors Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Tahitian Tide, Pacific Point, Basic White
Inks:  Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Tahitian Tide, Pacific Point, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Tahitian Tide, Pacific Point
Stamps: Through It Together
Tools:  Forever Flourishing Dies, Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Blending Brushes, Artistic Mix Decorative Masks
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder (white), Shimmery White Embossing Paste, 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine Pack, Brushed Brass Butterflies

I used Blending Brushes & the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks with Shimmery White Embossing Paste to create the background of this card.  The colors I blended onto the Basic White cardstock piece (yes...that gorgeous blue background started as Basic White...the same cardstock the flourish die-cut is cut from!) are: Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Tahitian Tide & Pacific Point.  Then I used one of the masks (this pattern seemed regal to me) & a palette knife to add Shimmery White Embossing Paste over it. 



I am stunned at how gorgeous it came out!  The embossing paste just shimmers, it's raised so it adds a fun texture, and I just am a bit obsessed.  Haha.

I hope you enjoy!  And now I can't wait for you to follow along with us!  Check out the explosion of colourful inspiration & join in the fun by using #commonwealthofcolor when you post your projects and share a few of your favorites to your stories!  


Thank you so much for visiting and please let me know any questions you have! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com


No comments:

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Fun Box!

 How's it been going, being on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team, you ask?  👏 😍 🙌  Well - when you are sent boxes like this ...