Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Hues of Happiness + Celebrations Tag = Happiness Abounds!

Recently I attended Stampin' Up!'s BackStage event for leaders.  (I shared some of this on Facebook - Design With Ink & Instagram - @designwithink.)  So check that out if you haven't seen that!  😀 Well...I was SOOOO excited about getting back to in person events...this was the first Stampin' Up! convention type event since Nov 2019!...and I couldn't wait to see people! So of course I had to bring some gifts!  And of course I had to make a cute tag for the gifts!  Haha.  I have to admit...when I sat down to make some tags...my brain went blank.  I just couldn't think of anything.  Looked around my craft room for inspiration and BAM! 💥 I saw the Happiness of Hues Designer Series Paper.  So I grabbed my paper snips, and went to town!  And this is what I came up with!  Since my fave thing to do when I make multiples of something is see them in a big pile...that's how I will show them to you first!  Haha.  (I have lots of pics to share, so don't worry!) 

Colors Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, Kraft
Inks:  Coastal Cabana, Tuxedo Black MementoVersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Kraft 6"x6", Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper 
Stamps: Happiness Abounds
Tools:  Celebrations Tag Dies, Heat Tool
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon

Aren't they so sweet?!  I used the Celebrate Tag Dies for that darling scalloped tag shape!  And then cut out lots of flowers and leaves from the Designer Series Paper!

Here is the picture of the whole pack of paper and then the specific sheet of paper I cut from.  (© Stampin' Up!)  Isn't this paper SO GORGEOUS!!!!  Major swoon!!! 😍😍😍

HUES OF HAPPINESS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER



I really quite like fussy cutting, and it was quite relaxing cutting the florals and leaves out.  They I just did a watercolor wash on the tags (after the tags were cut from Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper...when watercoloring...the paper DEFINITELY makes a difference!), splattered some ink, layered the cut florals, and added a fun embossed greeting!  (Can we talk about how much I love white embossing on Kraft cardstock?! 💗) 

Ready for photo overload?!  Well here you go!  Obviously, they are all a little bit different...so here is a photo of all of them!


Then some photos where you can see all of them a little better...




And some shots of the details!  Is it appropriate to say that these just make me so happy?!  I kinda wish I could stare at them all day long!  Haha. 




I LOVE THESE!  Want to see what I tied them to?!  


This book is amazing!  It's called Sketch Mayhem!  It is a book my friend has published that gives you a place to design your card sketches, color combos, etc!  It is so much fun & a great tool for crafters!!!  You can order them on Amazon & they come in all sorts of colors! Order here: SKETCH MAYHEM (no...not paid for this!  Haha.  I just love this book so much that I wanted to share!) 

Here's the cute tag tied onto the book!

Hope you enjoy!  Thank you so much for visiting!  Also hope you look at your Designer Series Paper in a new way!  Cut some images out and see what you can create!  Let me know if I can help you with your papercrafting or acquiring any Stampin' Up! supplies! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

1 comment:

Leo Tim said...

How much I learnt from this blog is beyond your comprehension.
Hemp Tea Boxes

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...