Thursday, July 7, 2022

You Can Do It All With A Fish & A Wish Bundle!!!

A fish AND a wish?!  Well...my wish would be to be under the ocean surface hanging with fishes every day!  😂 The days I can't do that...I guess making a card with fishes is the next best thing!  But when you can't decide if you want to make a simple, casual, or anything but casual...just make more than one!  I love that A Fish & A Wish Bundle can help you do it all!


The one on the left was quite quick, but still was able to fit in a lot of texture and fun.  The one on the right took more time, for sure, but I got to release a whole bunch of my inner artist!  I can break down a few of the details...

Colors Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, Polished Pink, Orchid Oasis, White, Black
Inks:  Parakeet Party, Polished Pink, Orchid Oasis, Memento Black
Cardstock/Papers:  Basic White, Thick White, Tahitian Tide, Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper
Stamps: A Fish & A Wish
Tools: Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Fish Builder Punch
Accessories: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack (white twine), 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots

The first thing I did on the card front was stamp the seagrass multiple times in Parakeet Party on the bottom right corner.  Then I just embossed it using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder.  LOVE the subtle texture that adds, without much bulk!  Then I stamped a couple fishes and my greeting, punched the fishes out, and added all the little details.  It came together so quickly!




This next card took just a bit longer than the first one.  😊  But it was not hard at all!  Just a lot of fun texture and layers.  

Colors Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, Polished Pink, Orchid Oasis, White, Black
Inks:  Parakeet Party, Polished Pink, Orchid Oasis, Tahitian Tide, Versamark
Cardstock/Papers:  Basic White, Thick White, Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: A Fish & A Wish
Tools: Fish Builder Punch, Water Painter, Heat Tool
Accessories: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack (white twine), For Everything Fancy Sequins, Basics Embossing Powders

I did a watercolor wash and splatter first (don't splatter until wash is dry...I usually dry with a Heat Tool so it's quick)...using Tahitian Tide ink.  Then I stamped over it with one of the fish stamps. Just lots of fun texture!  I love the subtle texture on the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper too.  


Then I stamped some of the fish, punched them out, stamped some seagrass, fussy cut those out (time consuming but oddly stress relieving!), and added all the little details.  So much fun!  

Even distressed the Watercolor Paper edges!  All about that subtle texture!  

So what do you think of these cards?!  I hope you enjoy! Which one would you be more inclined to make?!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  I would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs!  And of course would love to help you get your hands on any Stampin' Up! products you need!  

Thank you so much for visiting!!!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...