Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A CASE for Shaded Summer...

My favorite part of being a part of Stampin' Up!, and the papercrafting community as a whole, is the people I have met.  And it is especially fun getting cards from these people!  😀  Today I am sharing a card that I recently received from my friend Kasia.  I LOVE this card...the colors, the layout, just everything about it!  Including the fact that it was made by her as she thought of me!  😍  (She's super talented...if you have seen a Stampin' Up! catalog recently ... you have seen her work!  She works at Stampin' Up! headquarters as a Concept Artist. 💗)  I loved this card so much...I felt like I just had to CASE (Copy And Share Everything or Copy And Selectively Edit) it!  So ... on to the show!  Her card is on the left and mine is on the right! 


How GORGEOUS is her card!  It made it tough making one to follow, because I just liked hers so much more!  Haha.  But...here is the card she made up close...

(I just used my watermark on this photo...but Kasia Jackson is the one that designed and made this card!)

And here is my card up close...


Colors Polished Pink, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green
Inks:  Polished Pink, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green Marker, Versamark
Cardstock/Papers:  Pool Party, Basic White, Rose Gold Specialty Paper, Design A Daydream Host Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Shaded Summer
Tools: Summer Shadows Dies, Penned Flowers Dies, Into the Clouds Embossing Folder, Heat Tool
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powders, 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack

I know, I know...her card is way more fun!  But I ended up like this one okay.  Haha.  I love the Designer Series Paper background.  I LOVE this stamp set and coordinating die set (Shaded Summer Stamp Set with Summer Shadows Dies) and I love that scalloped edge!  (The scallop die is from the Penned Flowers Dies and cut from Rose Gold Specialty Paper.)  That background Designer Series Paper is AMAZING as well!  It is actually only available to earn FOR FREE!  Let me know if you need it and I can help you get it!  😍


Inking up these stamps were so much fun!  I used Sponge Daubers, ink, and one marker!  I colored the flowers by just "pouncing" the color onto the flowers.  (I used Polished Pink for the pink and Mango Melody for the orange.)  Then once I had the base color on, I "pounced" some areas of Flirty Flamingo over it.  (I would wipe it off on scratch paper so I was cleaner with my ink.)  Then I just colored the green parts with Granny Apple Green marker.  I wanted a little variation of color, so that is what I did.  It was NOT a "neat" process.  I just went with it, inked it up, huffed on my stamp to re-moisten the ink, and then stamped!  It was fun to see what it would look like because I had no idea!  Haha. 


And I am obsessed with this Rose Gold paper!  There is a variety of finishes in this Specialty Paper pack and it is all GORGEOUS!  This one was the more matte finish.  ♡ LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! ♡


Hope you enjoy!  Where do you find inspiration when you craft?!  Don't be afraid to look to your friends if you are needing help!  😁

Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!  Would love to help you with any of your papercrafting needs...including helping getting your hands on some Stampin' Up! supplies!  😍

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

1 comment:

StinkerbellSteph said...

These are just gorgeous!! Love them and thank you for the inspo!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...