Thursday, April 8, 2021

Flowering Vines for Slimline...TGIF Challenge 311:

It's my first time making the trendy Slimline card! Thank you, TGIF Challenge 311 for giving me this task!  Check out my first slimline, and then make your own and upload it on the TGIF Challenge Blog!  It is so much fun to see all the participants each week!  


ColorsWhisper White, Magenta Madness, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Soft Sea Foam, Basic Black, Gold
Inks: Magenta Madness, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Thick Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Basic Black, Vellum
Stamps: Vine Design
Tools: Flowering Vine Dies, Blending Brushes, Sprig Punch, Water Painters
Accessories: White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Woven Threads Sequins Assortment



In case you haven't seen the Slimline cards yet, let me just explain quickly...it's basically a card that can fit in a standard size business envelope.  Most are 3.5" x 8.5", and that is what I made here.  But basically...a long and "slim" card...have fun & be creative with it!

I used the Vine Design Bundle for this card, and I'm totally in love.  I cut out one of the main "viney" floral images in Vellum Cardstock to ground the focal point.  Then I stamped the flowers and die-cut them out.  The only ink color that I used for the flowers was Magenta Madness...I just kept stamping without re-inking to get the variation of color.  Then I just layered them on the card!  ***Tip:  I used the Sprig Punch, that I just cut up, for the leaves for the flowers.  



For the background piece, I used the Blending Brushes to create a blue ombre.  I used Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, and Bermuda Bay for the blues.  Then I dropped some water on the cardstock panel and dabbed off the water with a paper towel.  This gave me that splatter.  


Love the sequin touch as well!  As well as that SMALL strip of Gold Foil on the left side!  

I hope you enjoy and have fun participating with us this week!  Head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to play along!  Also...please let me know how I can help you with your papercrafting needs!  Thank you so much for visiting!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...