Friday, October 26, 2018

TGIF Challenge 183 ... Washi & Twine Awesomeness:

It's time for a product spotlight for our TGIF Challenge this week!  Woot!!!! 🙌  I seriously LOVE being on this Design Team.  If you haven't played along with us before, this is a fun and easy week to start!  And if you have played before...you will love this challenge! 

Before I tell you what the challenge is, I want to see if you have any guesses as to what product we are spotlighting.  Here is the card I made:


ColorsBlueberry Bushel, Mango Melody, Gray Granite, Whisper White
Cardstock/Papers:  Whisper White,Blueberry Bushel
Stamps: En Route
Tools: Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Best Route Washi Tape, Best Route Enamel Shapes

Soooooo...any guesses?!??!?!  Well if you guessed...


...then you are correct!  This card kind of appeared in my mind when I saw the challenge...and it pretty much came out how I pictured!  I call that a WIN! because that does NOT happen that way for me usually.  Hee.  😀

So the background stripes I did with Washi Tape!!!  So easy!  I completely eyeballed it--no measuring here!!!  And just layed them down over a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I ripped the Washi longer than the cardstock...so the ends were going over the ends of the cardstock.  Then just folded it back to the back of the cardstock to give it a nice finished look (and ensures the Washi won't peel up at all!!  Another win!) 


This washi pack is from the "Best Route" suite.  (As are the enamel shapes...they are the "Best Route" enamel shapes.)  I LOVE to travel so I LOVE this suite!  So much fun!  And I LOVE this greeting on the card.  Because I fully believe this!  Taking care of YOU is so important!!!  (Even if the "Awesome" thing you get done that day is spending 5 mins alone in quiet time that you give yourself. 😀) 


And I use twine in probably almost every project I make.  I LOVE the texture it adds, without adding a lot of bulk.  I keep a pretty heavy stash of this Linen Thread on hand at all times.  Hee. 


The inside was fun to do also.  Just took another fun greeting and stamped a few of the images in the corner.  Just a fun bonus when they open the card! 

I hope you enjoy this challenge!  Can't wait to see what you make!  Head on over the the challenge blog: TGIF Challenges, to submit your entry!!!! 

Please let me know if you have any questions or need help getting any fabulous Stampin' Up! supplies!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...